Scientific Program Manager
Bethesda (United States of America) | america
CAMRIS International is an medical research and development firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, biodefense, and clinical research.
CAMRIS is seeking a Scientific Program Manager to support the mission of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at The National Institutes of Health (NIH) by conducting and supporting basic, translational and clinical research to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic diseases.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
* Assess the quality of the organizations financial management systems and to recommend improvements or policy changes.
* Work with VRC and NIAID staff and participates in an overall team approach involving high-visibility projects within VRC, NIAID, NIH, and the scientific community.
* Prepare oral and written presentations of studies for both internal and external use.
* Conduct and direct ongoing evaluations to measure the success of facility, workforce, finance and communications plans and programs that supports and promotes overall NIAID goals, research, and programs, ensuring that all messages, materials, and strategies for target audiences are credible, clear, and meaningful.
* Provide guidance to senior management officials regarding unusual and novel issues relating to broad policy matters and the potential impact on the VRC mission and strategic objectives for the intramural research.
* Articulate and communicate to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion methods, practices and procedures, and assist the team and/or individual members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
* Establish a Project Management team in identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among team members in accordance with established work flow, skill level and/or occupational specialization; making adjustments to accomplish the workload in accordance with established priorities to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned team tasks; and ensuring that each team member has an integral role in developing the final team product;
* Arrange training for team members in methods and techniques of team building and working in teams to accomplish tasks or projects, and provides or arranges for specific administrative or technical training necessary for accomplishment of individual and team tasks.
* Monitor and report on the status and progress of work, check on work in progress and review completed work to ensure instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met.
* Prepare reports and maintain records of work accomplishments and administrative information, as required, and coordinate the preparation, presentation and communication ofwork-related information.
* Represent the team consensus and convey the team's findings and recommendations inmeetings and dealings with other team leaders, program officials, the public and other customers on issues related to or that have an impact on the team's objectives, work products and/or tasks.
* Estimate and report to the team on progress in meeting established milestones and deadlines for completion of assignments, projects and tasks, and ensure that all team members are aware of and participate in planning for achievement of team goals and objectives.
* Research, learn, and apply a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to identify, assess, analyze and improve team effectiveness, efficiency and workproducts
* Lead the team in assessing its strengths and weaknesses and provide leadership to the team in exploring alternatives and determiningwhat improvements can bemade (e.g., in workmethods, processes and procedures).
* Assess the current status of project management processes in the ADMO office and suggest guidance for improvement.
* Develop a streamlined approach to project management objectives within the ADMO office and trains team members on this approach.
* Establish and curate an online project management system that incorporates action items for each function (Workforce development, Facilities and Space, Budget and Contracts and Communications) of the ADMO office.
* Prepare a Standard Operating Procedure for managing a variety of high priority projects that support the operations and management of the VRC.
* Master's Degree in Project Management or Business Administrations
* Must have extensive project management experience
* Must have experience managing the life cycle of projects for a scientific lab