SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, R2R PROJECT FIJI
Suva (Fiji )
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the R2R Project Manager, the Senior Administrative Officer will provide administrative support to the Project Management Unit.
He/She will report directly to the R2R Project Manager and will perform all administrative and office support activities to ensure successful flow of the Project Management Operations. The R2R Project Manager and UNDP will assess his/her performances on an annual basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key function:
- Administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures
- Support to management of the Pacific Office programme
- Perform an efficient administrative role to the Fiji R2R Project
- Support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure compliance of projects.
- Presentation of information/ reports for identification of areas of the Project for support and interventions.
- Implementation of the RMI R2R Project partnerships and resources mobilization strategies, preparation of reports.
Provides effective support to management of the Pacific Office focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for formulation of country programme, preparation of project documents’ drafts, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Initiation of a project, entering project into Atlas taking into consideration variable atlas requirements (e.g. for GEF projects), and preparation of required budget revisions.
- Provision of guidance to the Project Implementation Unit and Implementing Partner on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources.
- Follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports.
- Analysis of the situation in programme, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
Provides administrative support focusing on achievement of the following results, especially as they relate to the R2R Project :
- Undertake ATLAS functions as required by ATLAS profile and office policies;
- Work closely with the Programme Support Unit/Finance person in administrative and financial requirements of projects, including audits.
- Undertake project budget revisions and Annual Work Plans in ATLAS at strategic points during a project lifecycle
- Advice project on procurement procedures and options and that project requirements in these areas are closely monitored in liaison with relevant Pacific Office units.
Provides support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results relating to R2R Project:
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile and contacts.
- Support development of partnerships’ database as determined by CO, and their maintenance
- Track and report on mobilized resources including core and non-core resources for units planning purposes
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Pacific Office focusing on achievement of the following results relating to the R2R Project:
- Identification of training needs and organization of trainings for the operations/projects staff on programme and finance management in close liaison with relevant CO units;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Corporate: Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards. Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP. Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability. Treats all people fairly without favouritism
- Professionalism: Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., budget/work programme, human resources, database management, etc. Ability to apply knowledge of various UNDP’s and government’s administrative and basic financial resources rules and regulations in work situations. Experience and knowledge of administrative and financial roles.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; correctly interprets messages and responds appropriately; Shares information and keeping people informed. Ability to communicate openly with colleagues.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity; solicits inputs valuing others’ ideas and expertise; willing to learn from others; supports colleagues, contributes to the learning of colleagues and provides oversight.
- Planning& Organizing: Demonstrated effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in efficient and timely manner.
- Building Trust: Ability to work transparently, follows through agreed-upon actions, and can provide an environment to interact actively without fear of repercussion.
- Technological Awareness: Fully proficiently in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access. Keeps abreast of available technology; seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks.
- Accountability: Ability to take ownership for all responsibility and honors commitments; delivery of outputs responsible for with quality standards; provides support to colleagues and takes responsibility of delegated assignments
Required Skills and Experience
Degree in Management and Public Administration/Accounting/Economins. Candidates with Environmental Science/Management background may also be considered; A minimum of 5 year experience in a similar administrative function. Be fully computer literate with Microsoft Office Programs; Experience in providing a streamlined administrative service role to a project management team; Familiar with administrative functions; Demonstrated initiative in carrying out his/her duties and ability to work independently to tight deadlines; Ability to operate standard office equipment and familiarity with principles of accounting and office practice are essential; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Fluency in English is required
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.