NATIONAL POST: ICT Associate, Maputo, Mozambique, G-7
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES OF THE MOZAMBIQUE COUNTRY OFFICE ONLY.
The ICT Associate is located in the Maputo Office and reports to the International Operations Manager, under the overall guidance of the Representative. The ICT Associate is responsible for overseeing implementation of ICT policies and standards, and provision of ICT technical support services to the Country Office (CO).
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Secondary Level Education required.
- University degree in Computer Science, information technology or other similar discipline highly desirable.
- Relevant certifications in hardware, software and network management and application required, including Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Cisco Certified Network Associate/Professional (CCNA/CCNP), and/or others.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications;
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and viral protection systems, ERP;
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems;
- Experience in client support, such as, Help Desk or User Support;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.