NATIONAL POST: Programme Analyst for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response, Maputo, Mozambique, NO-B
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES OF THE MOZAMBIQUE COUNTRY OFFICE ONLY.
The Programme Analyst analyses and assesses relevant political, social and economic trends, guides and facilitates the development and delivery of UNFPA’s programmes. S/he reports directly to the Assistant Representative and under the overall guidance of the Deputy Representative and the Representative.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s degree in health, demography, gender, social development, business administration or other related social science discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years’ professional experience in the field of development and population and/or reproductive health activities.
- Working experience in humanitarian context and familiarity with cluster approach.
- Familiarity with issues of reproductive health and how this impacts on women and the young.
- Proven experience in programme/project management working with government institutions, NGOs and/or donor institutions, at national or international level.
- Proven experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Proficient in using office software packages and web-based information management systems.
Excellent oral and written communications and editing skills in English and Portuguese required.