NATIONAL POST: Programme Analyst Family Planning & HIV/STIs, Maputo, Mozambique, NO-B
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES OF THE MOZAMBIQUE COUNTRY OFFICE ONLY.
The Programme Programme Analyst for Family Planning and HIV/STIs provides strategic, technical and programmatic support for the development and implementation of innovative and effective strategies for family planning and reproductive health commodity security. She/he will establish collaborative relationships with executing agencies, experts, government and civil society counterparts and other UN agencies facilitating timely and efficient delivery of UNFPA Country Programme results. The Programme Analyst reports to the SRHR team leader, under the supervision of the Assistant Representative and the overall guidance of the Deputy Representative and the Representative.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced University degree in medicine, public health, sociology or other directly relevant disciplines.
Knowledge and experience:
- Minimum 2 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in managing programs/projects in the substantive areas in public, NGO and/or international institutions.
- Field experience in family planning, HIV/STIs and other related SRHR areas is required.
- The candidate is expected to have extensive leadership and coordination experience preferably within a UN agency and should have demonstrated political acumen and negotiation skills;
- Good knowledge of the programme development mechanism of the United Nations country programmes and familiarity with UNFPA programmes and policies.
- Experience in coordination and leadership on aid mechanisms, working groups or task forces in Mozambique, is an asset.
Excellent oral and written communication in English and Portuguese.
- Proficiency in the latest office software applications, including management of information system(s).
- IT Ability to familiarize with ERP (Atlas), PeopleSoft, SAP, or other web-based integrated system.