Education Training Assistant X4( female candidates strongly encouraged to apply) - Iraq
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Iraq
The unfolding crisis in Iraq is one of the most complex humanitarian emergencies in the world today, with millions of uprooted Iraqis, and hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees. For the past several years, millions of people have been displaced from and within Iraq as a result of military operations. At the end of 2015, the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) began a military operation to enter and retake control of parts of the country under the control of armed opposition groups, especially in the Anbar governorate. Civilians have been caught in the crossfire.
NRC has been present in Iraq since 2010, with offices located in Baghdad, Erbil, Dohuk, Kirkuk and Mosul. We have scaled up our response across Iraq to meet the large-scale crisis facing the country, reaching Iraqis with emergency assistance and supporting Syrian refugees as they live in exile. Our goal is to always be prepared to work in new settings, so we are establishing more local partnerships in Iraq. Additionally, NRC is part of the UNICEF and WFP-led Rapid response mechanism (RRM), which enables us to reach newly displaced populations with the most urgent life-saving assistance.
Today, NRC is one of the biggest cash providers in Iraq. Our emergency assistance also includes distributing food rations, hygiene kits, water and basic non-food items (NFIs). In the winter months, we also provide blankets and heaters. We pay particular attention to gender equality and ending gender-based violence (GBV).
Education Training Assistant
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the education project. Education assistants will support all field level operations and supervise incentive workers. Coordinate and organize training sessions including but not limited to trainers, participants, target schools, scheduling, and material training needs
- To implement education activities under direction of the Education Training Officer
- Supervise education incentive staff and provide support to them in line with program objectives
- Provide support to NRC activities, training sessions, and incentive staff in line with NRC quality standards
- Ensure direct communication and feedback with beneficiaries and relevant host communities
- Ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting of projects at field level
- Organize, support, and facilitate in teacher training, education personnel training, and training of trainers (ToT) training on subjects including pedagogy, teacher wellbeing, curriculum, child protection, and psycho-social support.
- Coordinate and organize training sessions including but not limited to trainers, participants, target schools, scheduling, and material training needs
- Regularly travel to the field to support and monitor education activities, including lesson observations
- Organize and implement distributions of teaching and learning materials
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by line manager.
Our Ideal Candidate:
A university graduate in equivalent field with two (2) years experience working in a humanitarian/recovery context and/or the education sector.Knowledge in written and spoken English and Arabic is required. Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel.Understanding of the education circumstances, needs and challenges conflict-affected children and teachers
Contract period: Six (6) months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
Duty station: Nineveh
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, please find attached the job description