IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on your personal device date
and time settings.
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Provide specialized consultations in cardiology for employees and dependents, including clinical examinations, treatment, EKG, as well as promotion of heart health and healthy behavior;
- Refer staff internally to CSDH collaborators (counselling, ergonomics, travel clinic, occupational health doctors and nurses) and externally to other medical specialists when required;
- Participate in meetings, training and health promotions programmes organized by the Health Services;
- Facilitate on-site first aid/CPR training, and more advanced emergency care support for CSDH medical staff when applicable;
- Record medical consultations in the Health Services electronic medical record systems;
- Keep all information on patients as strictly confidential with the ethical framework of the profession.
- Advanced university degree in (for Consultants) Medicine / University degree (only for PSA) Mb. ChB. or equivalent with cardiovascular medicine specialization and practice are mandatory.
- Fifteen years of relevant experience in cardiovascular medicine after specialization.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian for consultants and working knowledge of English for PSA.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience in teaching internal medicine or cardiovascular specialty is desirable
- Previous experience in working in international organization setup is desirable
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency