New York City (United States of America)
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Advisor, the ICT Associate provides leadership in execution of ICT services in RBLAC, implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The incumbent is responsible for review and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance the regional bureau operations and productivity, including operational support to the team. The ICT Associate promotes a client-oriented approach; liaising with OIMT and other BMS unites for relevant areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies
- Effective functioning of the Bureau hardware and software packages
- Networks administration
- Provision of web management services
- Provision of administrative support in the operations area
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1) Ensures implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for RBLAC technology environment.
- Provision of inputs to elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT. Elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in ICT in consultation with office management.
- Development and update of the ICT annual plan.
- Provision of support to the use of corporate platforms, systems and tools’ functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
2) Ensures effective functioning of RBLAC hardware and software packages focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on maintenance of equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies, making routine repairs and change of hardware electronic components.
- Supervision of the implementation of corporate UNDP systems.
- Development of new software packages for high impact results (e.g. office management system, electronic registry, etc) as required.
- Guide on the establishment of proactive measures to secure data and efficient functioning of the bureau equipment, software and tools.
3) Ensures efficient networks administration focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Operation of network utility procedures defining network users and security attributes establishing directories, menus and drive-mappings, configuring network printers and providing user access. Ensure that the UNDP desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks.
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems.
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail.
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Organization of off-site storage of backups.
- Maintenance of measures in place for business continuity and disaster recover processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities.
4) Provides web/cloud management services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of the opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web/cloud-based systems to address the issues of efficiency.
- Creation and maintenance of RBLAC web site, intranet, SharePoint and any other corporate one, ensuring that the content is updated and meets the requirements of UNDP, from a technical point of view.
5) Provides administrative support focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new equipment for RBLAC, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids.
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
- Maintenance of the library of reference materials, electronic archiving data.
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with Operations Associate.
- Provision of technical support during all RBLAC meetings.
- Act as a back up to the operations associate on routine/daily operations.
6) Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in RBLAC focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision.
- Organization of trainings for the Bureau staff on ICT issues.
- Maintenance of staff training profiles.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Information Systems & Technology (General)
- Knowledge of IST innovations and concepts and ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations
IT Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Ability to manage IT continuity and disaster recovery
IT Customer Support
- Ability to support internal customers with IT assistance
IT Security Management
- Knowledge of IT security management concepts, processes, and innovations and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
Network and Infrastructure Management
- Ability to manage IT network and infrastructure
- Ability to create and design web content
- Ability to develop, support, and maintain applications
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education. University Degree in Computer Science desirable, but it is not a requirement. Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- 7 years of working experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of database packages, experience in web design.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written, is required, knowledge of Spanish is desirable;
- Working knowledge of other UN official language is an asset
Important applicant information
Internally advertised General Service (GS) fixed-term appointment (FTA) positions located in Headquarters are open to GS staff members currently serving in New York/Washington D.C. who hold a UNDP permanent or FTA who are either US Permanent Residents, US citizens or holders of a valid G4 visa at the time of their application and whose G4 visa has been acquired on account of their employment in the UN Systems based in New York or Washington, DC.
Current UNDP GS staff serving outside of HQ must meet the eligibility criteria stated above prior to their application.
Selected candidates who meet the above mentioned eligibility criteria are responsible for their own travel and/or relocation costs
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.