Data Analyst SC8 - Lebanon Country Office, Beirut
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
This vacancy Announcement will close on 5 April 2019 at 11:59, Rome Time
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
-This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates ONLY.
-Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
-Only shortlisted applicants will be conducted.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Lebanon, the World Food Programme currently runs an e-card system as its primary form of assistance for vulnerable Syrian and Lebanese families who cannot meet their basic food needs. Cards are loaded each month through wallets based on needs. This system allows beneficiaries to cover their basic food and non-food needs, and significantly boosts the local economy.
To achieve the objectives outlined above, WFP Lebanon is recruiting a Data Analyst to provide support to the Country office team in the area of data analytics.
The Data Analyt’s tasks include receiving and maintaining varied and poorly structured operational data, processing and generating meaningful analysis of data, while ensuring that data privacy and security standards are upheld. The data analyst will also work with WFP’s data lake central team to develop centralized data analytics relating to ecard assistance and other programmes.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
With delegated authority and under direct supervision of the Country Director, the Data Analyst will be responsible for the below duties:
- Work with the Country office team to understand and produce analytical reports to support business requirements.
- Perform data cleaning, organization and analysis and set up regular reporting dashboards.
- Perform transfer reconciliation tasks (beneficiaries, payments, payment instrument management).
- Detect operational anomalies to trigger further review.
- Perform trend analysis to promote assurances and programme effectiveness.
- Work with other units and field offices to train users to perform or access data or reports within the units/ field office.
- Perform data visualization, making available the key outputs of data analysis and sectorial assessments to WFP Lebanon decision-makers.
- Ensure audit trail and governance for data transformation, integration rules and outputs.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or other related field, or Bachelor’s degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: At least four (4) years of progressively responsible work experience including at least two (2) years of experience in database management, statistics or other related field.
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in working with large data sets and summarizing data for business is required.
- Familiarity with data warehousing and business intelligence concepts required.
- Data storing and retrieving skills required
- Experience using visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview, etc) and setting up dashboards is required.
- Ability to capture requirements and translate into analytic insights is required.
- Ability to work independently and mature judgement required. Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
- Familiar with various ETL tools is desirable.
- Advanced SQL skills. Knowledge/Familiarity with Python or R and/or a willingness to learn them is desirable.