Finance and Compliance Coordinator
Birmingham (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) | united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £29,216 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 17 May 2019
International Waqf Fund are currently recruiting for the position of a Finance and Compliance Coordinator. The Finance and Compliance Coordinator will maintain the financial records of the organisation and produce accurate and timely financial reports. S/he will ensure the organisation’s statutory filing obligations as a registered charity and private limited company limited by guarantee are met. The post holder will be responsible for the organisation’s risk management and ensure the organisation’s compliance obligations are met.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Qualified or part-qualified and studying towards ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of charity accounting (SORP).
- Verbal skills to communicate with all levels in an organisation and explain technical or complex financial aspects in a wide range of situations.
- Strong written communication skills, able to prepare written procedures, reports and deliver internal presentations.
- Good all round business acumen and an understanding of the role of the finance function in adding value to operational decision making.
Interview will be held for this position on Friday 31st May 2019.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to Islamic Relief’s values and mission, please apply by completing our online application form at https://islamic-relief.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1552604?cid=1858&s=False&t=Finance-and-Compliance-Coordinator&l=Birmingham