Intern - ICT
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
UNDP is working to strengthen new frameworks for development, disaster risk reduction and climate change. We support countries' efforts to achieve the new Sustainable Development Goals, which will guide global development priorities through 2030. The key 2030 Agenda principle of leaving no one behind and stamping out inequality is at the core of everything we do.
UNDP focuses on helping countries build and share solutions in three main areas:
- Sustainable development
- Democratic governance and peacebuilding
- Climate and disaster resilience
In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights and the empowerment of women, minorities and the poorest and most vulnerable.
INTERNSHIP OFFICE BACKGROUND:
The Transactional Services Team [TST] of the Bangkok Regional Hub offers opportunities for interns who may be interested in gaining experience in ICT in both technical and business areas.
The broad objective of the assignment will be to gain experience in ICT functional areas while providing much needed assistance to these units in satisfying client service requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities:
The ICT Intern will be responsible for providing ICT support to the office which also includes developing, designing, and implementing solutions based on Cisco, Microsoft, and Polycom in the following areas:
(Depending on area of expertise of the Intern, the Intern may work in one or two of the below areas of work.)
- Network Architecture;
- Data Centre architecture;
- Unified communication system;
- Video Conferencing System;
- IP Telephony
- Office 365;
- Intranet content management based on SharePoint;
- SharePoint and web-based application development;
- Mobile apps development;
- Video content creation;
- ICT asset management;
- ICT help desk system.
- Interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
- Good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation;
- Outgoing and initiative-taking person with a goal oriented mind-set;
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently;
- Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- currently in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree; or
- currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree or equivalent studies.
Field of study: Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent.
- Knowledge and a proficient user of Microsoft Office productivity tools;
- Knowledge in computer networking
- Knowledge in software development
- Knowledge in Mobile application development
- English is required;
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage
- UNDP internships are not remunerated. All expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern or her/his sponsoring entity;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- Interns are responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
- Interns must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for education programmes;
- Interns need to obtain financing for subsistence and make own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation, etc.
NOTE: If selected for the position, interns are requested to provide a letter from university confirming current enrollment and graduation date, a copy of school transcript, a letter of endorsement from professor, a medical certificate of good health, a copy of medical insurance coverage during internship assignment in Thailand, and a copy of passport.