In direct support of UNFPA’s strategy to achieve the ICPD/MD Goals and ensuring the effective and efficient implementation and support of PSB applications, UNFPAProcurement (former AccessRH) website, Internal Communication and Knowledge Management tasks, the incumbent will be required to provide the following services:
Internal development, programming, support, implementation and maintenance of the PSB internal website applications:
- Update/manage internal PSB websites (Myunfpa.org portal, PSB Community, Liferay PSB Portal, Google Apps sites)
- Interface applications with each other and with existing tools used by PSB in order to minimize duplication of data and data entry requirements.
- Update/manage external PSB related websites (unfpa.org, unfpaprocurement.org)
- Serve on UNFPAProcurement (former AccessRH) website steering committee and follow SOP to manage revisions to unfpaprocurement.org
- Create software designs, programming and testing for UNFPAProcurement (former AccessRH) internet/intranet applications. Develop and maintain UNFPAProcurement (former AccessRH) web applications using Liferay Portal software, Java, J2EE and other web technologies.
- Implement enhancements to existing PSB and/or UNFPAProcurement (former AccessRH) website applications.
- Bug fixing, address user reported problems with the PSB and/or UNFPAProcurement (former AccessRH) website applications and any other custom developed applications for PSB/UNFPA.
- Involve in Proof-of-Concept projects in the areas of Supply Chain, Data Exchange, improving existing PSB IT Landscape w.r.t use of CI/CD tools, Google Cloud Environment, User Interface enhancements w.r.t PSB website resources.
System Analysis and Managing projects:
- Requirements and Systems analysis for UNFPAProcurement (former AccessRH) internet/intranet applications. Managing new/existing projects as required with best management practices like PRINCE2 and other methodologies as required.
- Liaise with colleagues, stakeholders from ITSO, colleagues and working with external software vendors in executing projects under the supervision of PSB IT Manager.
- Managing new/existing projects by working with colleagues, stakeholders and software vendors
Development, implementation and maintenance of the website applications (including third party development):
- Provide input, as required, to the preparation/revision of PSB applications and/or UNFPAProcurement (former AccessRH) business processes, particularly as they relate to transactions performed via the website.
- Work in collaboration with any external consultants, team members and ITSO, assist in identifying where existing processes will need revision or new applications will be required to ensure the effective functioning of the PSB/ UNFPAProcurement (former AccessRH) website applications
- Implement additional enhancements if any and testing of PSB/ UNFPAProcurement (former AccessRH) applications developed and by third party.
- Oversee the implementation and testing of the agreed applications and provide PSB management with a recommendation for provisional acceptance or rejection of the new UNFPAProcurement (former AccessRH) website applications/interfaces.
- Assist, Implement deployment and testing of applications developed by third party onto Development and Staging environments. Involve in testing and bugfixing and ensure all business requirements are met. Ensure product is designed as per the specification. Prepare release documents and execute application release procedures on Production systems for Go Live.
- Maintenance of deployed live use applications, identify and fix performance issues.
- Assist as required in training/coaching UNFPA staff in use of the newly developed web-based systems for purchasing or research, either on line or through workshops.
- Website maintenance, maintaining revisions, upgrades, resolve issues.
- Liaise and coordinate with corresponding responsible branches in UNFPA, particularly with the ITSO Branch, in reference to technical developments and enhancements to provide informative and accurate content.
PSB and Nordic Office ICT Support
- Provide hardware (Dell Laptop, Desktop, Xerox workcenter MFP, IT infrastructure) and software (Microsoft client OS, Office, Outlook, Google Apps, VMview, vSphere, ZenDesk, SuperOffice CRM) technical helpdesk support to all UNFPA PSB and Nordic Office end users.
- Manage procurement templates and ensure they are update regularly updated and the most up to date versions are available for all staff.
- Maintain a versioning system for PSB where documents can be stored safely and organized following the directions of iDocs project for documents management.
- Maintain procurement procedures document and linked files, ensuring that revised annexes are linked and the most up to date procedures document is available on relevant unfpa websites/systems.
- Continually collect feedback on psb related websites pages, implement changes, website content updates, enhancements and corrections if any, organize revisions when necessary.
- Coordinate future communications initiatives (e.g. Newsletter, Twitter, Facebook and Blog) shared via websites as appropriate.
- Maintain strong relationship with PSB Communications team to provide technical support w.r.t implementing/maintaining updates on websites and other communication channels as required. Liaise with HQ communications and website teams as required.
- Work on development of internal online training materials and provide periodic trainings to staff on applications/websites as appropriate.
- Maintain e-learning programs and track participation.
- Provide training materials or help guides for websites and/or applications of unfpaprocurement website and other PSB applications/general software tools.