Business Development and Partnership Director, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Corvus Health, a leading global health systems and health workforce services firm, is hiring a Business Development and Partnership Director for its client, a prominent pan-African Health consultancy.
The Business Development and Partnership Director will be responsible for developing and implementing a business development strategy across a variety of clients (including bilateral, multilateral, foundation, corporate donors and government agencies); the ideal candidate will have experience and expertise across all of these areas, but particularly with institutional donors. In addition, s/he will serve as the principal proposal lead, for all aspects of proposal development, and liaison with partners for teaming agreements and collaborative bids.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Business Development and Partnership Director is a member of the Executive Management Team, and as such, is charged with having a role in the overall direction and management of the organization. The nature of the position requires interaction with company staff (including overseas-based Country Representatives), finance; administrative staff and communications staff, along with a wide range of external stakeholders.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Lead on business development and communications activities, including design or adaptation of necessary systems in these areas
- Compile and maintain database of consultants, associates, affiliates and partner institutions
- Manage relationships with leadership teams at client, partner and vendor organizations
- Forge strategic alliances with organizations across the ecosystem of the company’s service pillars
- Coordinate the company’s use of professional networks
- Conduct market research and generate leads; complete or coordinate needs-assessments in the company’s service areas
- Lead the preparation and coordination of proposals and bid responses
- Oversee staff that manages website, social media sites, newsletters and other communication materials
- Produce quarterly newsletter
- Lead development and practice of think-tank groups in Ethiopia and beyond on key sectors such as health, economic development, investment, gender and other areas
- Represent the company at key events such as annual meetings of professional associations, government agencies and event
- Serve as the principal liaison for branch offices and international branches
- Undertake market research for opening of international and national branch offices
- Create a culture of continuous improvement through regular analysis of the team's performance – being reactive and inspiring change
- Assist the CEO and Executive team with analytics and decisions
- Follow-up and enforce the application of corporate branding and communication guidelines
- Create and maintain supplier/vendor registration accounts with clients
- Look for business opportunities from different sources including websites, newspapers and personal/institutional contacts
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 10 or more years of international NGO, consulting firm or related experience with field experience preferred.
- Knowledge of or expertise in international public health, small enterprise development, and/or local capacity-building.
- Demonstrated self-reliant problem-solver with excellent interpersonal skills; outstanding written and oral skills; budgeting knowledge; proven success in liaison and negotiation with prospective partners and donors; and cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated success in hands-on proposal development with USAID, USDA, CDC, UN agencies, BMGF and other multi-laterals, bi-laterals, private sector, and foundations.
- Skills in social media and various software applications, including in design (preferred)
- Dedicated team player proficient in multiple-deadline environment who possesses the ability to move quickly from conceptualization and networking to superior writing and who enjoys working in a small office
- Willingness to travel within Ethiopia and internationally, including potentially to complex emergency environments
- Computer proficient
- Relevant advanced degree
- English language proficiency is a must
- Additional language proficiency is a plus
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.