Head of Operations
Delhi (India) | Gurgaon | Noida | Palwal | Greater Noida
Job Title: Head of Operations
Location City: Delhi NCR
Industry: Environment and NGO/Charity
Sustainable Green Initiative (SGI) was set up as a social enterprise in 2013 with the objective of planting mostly fruit trees to fight hunger, poverty, and climate change.
Through out community outreach and CSR partnership programs we have planted trees in excess of 9 lacs.
As an extension to our commitment to fight poverty and climate change, we registered ourselves as a Non Government Organization in June 2018 called Sustainable Green Initiative Foundation. We possess 12A certification for income tax exemption and have applied for an 80G certification.
We have recently started work in the area of waste plastic management where we aim to come up with ways to not only deal with the waste but also create sustainable livelihoods for
To Strive for the up-liftment of the quality of our living environment through active tree planting, and proper maintenance and preservation of the planted trees together with other vegetation anywhere within the country of India, by the Trust or through any other person/entities;
To Engage in such activities so as to protect the environment, specifically related to waste management by composting of organic waste and recycling of plastic;
To organize awareness programs relating to tree plantation among the society by using different media vehicles, so as to create an informed and proactive society;
To collaborate and maintain links with other organizations, groups which are working on similar objectives.
The operations director is responsible for the implementation, management and delivery of the project. This includes team and vendor management, inventory management, dealing with internal and external stake holders to meet agreed project deliverables in the specified period of time
- Deliver on project activities agreed to meet objectives
- Recruit and train team to help in achieving the above
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and future funding partners/stake holders via regular updates on project progress and aligning expectations where necessary.
Build and maintain relationships with vendors and other NGO partners as applicable especially around inventory management and budgets as applicable.
- Develop and document reporting and control strategies.
- - Participate in senior-level planning sessions.
- Develop executive-level relationships
· Looking to be a part of the solution the most imminent problem faced by society
· Able to work with people from all nationalities and walks of life and treat all as equal
· Able to be creative, think on your feet, organise well and have fun doing it
· Able to communicate well in Hindi and English
· Proficient in MS office (specially spreadsheets!! We love spreadsheets!!)
· Able to prioritise work and responsibilities. Allocate staff to work and drive accountability and performance
· Have a sense of common sense!
· Willing to get your hands dirty
· Willing to learn from a team with a vast pool of experience
Education and Experience
A gradutate degree from a recognised university is essential.
Work experience in the area of environment specially in the NGO sector is desirable
Minimum work experience of 4-6 years in any industry.
Workplace: Delhi NCR
Reporting to: CEO
Compensation: 5 to 6 lakhs per annum