Field Financial Manager (ABA ROLI Mexico)
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
ABA ROLI seeks a Field Financial Manager for an initial period of 6 months, based in its office in Mexico City and with probable travel throughout the country. Candidates need to the able to work legally in Mexico.
The Field Financial Manager shall provide financial and administrative management support to ABA ROLI’s office in Mexico. These duties will involve frequent interaction and coordination with U.S.-based grants managers and finance staff.
The Field Financial Manager shall coordinate budgeting and financial reporting for all program activities, including those related to the program activities.
· Has principal responsibility for the handling of office funds, such as banking and petty cash;
· Assists the Country Director and Program Officers with the financial administration and discharge of budgetary and accounting operations; and
· Ensures timely payment of office costs and local staff salaries.
Reporting and compliance:
· Tracks expenses against approved budgets for projects;
· Prepares detailed monthly expense reports in QuickBooks;
· Conducts monthly bank reconciliations and cash forecasting;
· Ensures compliance with donor and ABA financial management and reporting requirements;
· Coordinates and liaises with U.S.-based grants managers and finance staff;
· Develops and maintains up-to-date financial records and vendor and consultant records;
· Maintains files of all contracts, agreements, and supporting documents;
· Maintains files of and reports on local staff recruitment, training, and termination;
· Maintains inventory and property lists.
New business development:
· Assists and advises on prераration of programmatic budgets, including budget narratives;
· Coordinates logistics for training workshops and national competitions in Mexico;
· Makes vendor and consultant payments in a timely fashion; and
· Provides additional support as needed.
· University degree in accounting, finance, or related field;
· Intermediate computer skills;
· Professional fluency in English and Spanish (oral and written);
· Strong interpersonal skills, and oral and written communication skills.
· Experience in financial management of U.S. government-funded programs;
· Experience with financial management software and accounting spreadsheets, including QuickBooks and Excel; and
· Experience working in a professional setting with individuals from varied cultural backgrounds.
The Field Financial Manager must also be organized, detail-oriented, ethical, responsible, trustworthy, a team player, and discrete when working with confidential documents and information.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org