Data Analyst - Consultant
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a consultancy position of Data Analyst, based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy for an initial period of six months with the possibility of a contract extension up to 11 months.
The Communications, Advocacy and Marketing Division (CAM) has recently moved from a historical one-KPI framework to having three primary and multiple secondary KPIs across 6 streams of work. We are at a point in the transition that we are looking for expertise to help drive the shift to the new way of working including aligning and configuring a variety of tools and developing ways to monitor and automate the tracking of KPIs (e.g. dashboard, reports, etc.) to allow for course correction in deliverables. The individual will join the Strategic Planning and Coordination Team in the Division Director’s Office.
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Strategic Planning Advisor, the Data Analyst will be responsible for the following key duties:
- To map out a strategy, benchmarks and measurable milestones for each CAM unit to refine KPIs and transition to a new way of working;
- To assess, identify, and set up all the necessary online monitoring tools and dashboards to produce reports needed;
- To liaise with individual units to set up annual monitoring and measurement strategy; and to hold regular meetings to showcase and explain results;
- To produce an automated dashboard or regular visually accessible reports for senior management and Strategy Planning and Coordination unit;
- To have oversight and responsibility for all dashboards and monitoring tools (e.g. Sysomos, Google Analytics, PowerBI/Tableau, social media APIs, TV Eyes, Carma);
- Other related duties as required.
Deliverables during the Contract:
- Gap analysis;
- Implementation timeline and costs;
- Creation of automated dashboards by working with vendors (tool configuration);
- Clear divisional KPIs and refining of unit level KPIs;
- KPI reporting template (PowerPoint or similar management-friendly format).
Qualifications & Experience Required
Education: A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Data Science, Analytics, Business or a relevant field.
Experience: At least 5 years of postgraduate professional experience in Information Systems, Data Analysis or related area.
- Experience in business intelligence, KPI or metric creation and monitoring;
- Strong communications and writing skills;
- In-depth knowledge of a range of measurement and monitoring tools;
- Experience with data analysis and visualization;
- Ability to multi-task and function effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to produce materials at speed, targeted to meet the needs of different internal audiences;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels of the organization;
- Previous experience in the areas of marketing, communications, or advocacy would be advantageous.
Language: Excellent written and oral knowledge of English.
Eligible for Occasional telecommuting as defined in the WFP Human Resources Manual Chapter V Section 7.8.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 10 April 2019
Ref.: VA No. 104536
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.