- Function title: Procurement Specialist
- Reference: NOC-CF-2019-FGIV/068
- Location: Brussels
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Grades: 16/18
- Generic post: Specialist (FG-IV) (16/18)
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 3 Year(s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: DCFI/AFS/FPR - Finance and Procurement Unit
- Competition publication date: 27/03/2019
- Competition closing date: 24/04/2019 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: A reserve list valid for one year may be established for the recruitment of similar posts
Within the Directorate Central Route Charges Office, Finance and central IT, the Finance and Procurement Unit is responsible for managing the Agency processes and services related to finance and procurement in a timely, effective and transparent manner, with appropriate consultation with key Agency stakeholders, Agency Business Directorates and Human Resources Services.
In particular, the procurement team provides administrative assistance across a broad range of domains notably IT, Air Traffic Management, utilities, building related services and training services. In addition, it deals with the invoices relating to contracts and purchases orders for Accounts Payable.
You will perform the following tasks under the responsibility of your superior:
- analysing procurement requests and providing guidance and advice on procurement procedures, and establishing specific and partly complex purchase agreements or sales agreements in accordance with the EUROCONTROL Contract and Financial Regulations and standard practices;
- consulting suppliers in order to obtain the best prices and commercial conditions and ensuring acceptance of applicable or modified general terms and conditions as well as other specific requirements;
- negotiating and drafting independently partly highly complex contracts while obtaining the best legal guarantees, prices and commercial conditions;
- preparing procurement and sales matters and presenting them at the Advisory Committee on procurement and Sales Contracts and drafting the related minutes;
- providing advice on procurement and sales matters especially in relation to legal, contractual, insurance and intellectual property rights aspects;
- participating in the context of procurement process related events (such as information sessions etc.);
- contributing to the improvement of existing purchasing practices by working on new solutions or recommendations concerning the updating/revision of the existing Contract Regulations, internal procedures and terms and conditions;
- performing any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed relevant university studies of at least 3 years (e.g. Law). A relevant Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant professional experience, preferably in international public procurement related matters.
- Experience in procurement and contract management.
- Experience in drafting complex international contracts and agreements.
- Understanding of contract law. Experience in legal (procurement) matters would be an advantage.
- Drafting skills.
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships
- Influencing: Tailors style and approach to impact others
- Quality focus: Sets and fosters high quality standards
- Organisational awareness: Is aware of the instruments driving the Agency’s objectives
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, a thorough knowledge of both (oral/written) is required.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 Year(s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be required to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunity employer, promotes gender diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from female candidates.