Associate - Pacific Region
Associate - Pacific Region
The Associate will be based in the GGGI Office within the Ministry of Economy in Suva, and will work under the supervision of the Regional Program Senior Associate and the Pacific Regional Representative. GGGI requires the Associate to provide advisory support to the Pacific Regional Representative and Project team on GGGI’s policies & procedures including donor requirements. The role will also support the implementation of projects; communications of results, preparation and monitoring of the annual program budgets and work plans; monitor procurement plans including contract management; support the development of project hiring and manage onboarding plans; and ensure smooth operation of the Fiji office.
The Associate ensures consistent quality across of a specific project and/or output delivery. The primary role of the Associate is responsible for providing support in maintaining and verifying project/output level budget execution and controls in line with GGGI policies and WPB; supporting procurement plans, hiring and onboarding plans, contract management in keeping with GGGI policies, standards and donor requirements. The Associate will also support communications of activities and results across all five Pacific Island member countries of GGGI.
The role of Associate is to ensure process integrity in program operation and specific project/output in delivery in the Fiji program, fully meeting established institutional policies, standards and donor requirements across budget execution, procurement & HR processes implementation and other operational functions.
- Monitor and report on project and workstream activities to ensure efficiency and consistency with established work plans to support programme management;
- Support the monitoring of project budget and track expenditures to ensure that programme resources are optimally allocated and utilized
- Ensures adherence to GGGI policies across procurement, legal, HR and finance
- Supports regional representative/project manager in monitoring the ongoing projects both substantively and financially
- Supports regional representative in carrying out communications of activities and results, including donor and annual reporting
- Advise the team on the procedures, policies and tools of all operational transactions for project/output delivery
- Identify issues and risks that will affect consistent program and delivery and report to the manager
- Identify issues from across projects and workstreams and advise project staff on remedial measures in order to maintain integrity of delivery;
- Communicate programme needs to service providers/suppliers and ensure that services/products are delivered in line with established agreements.
- Work closely with the Government of Fiji and other project partners to process meetings, arrange workshops, and organize & prepare events.
- Anticipates donor requirement and project requirements and ensures alignment of services to meet the needs.
- Assist the Pacific Regional Representative in communication with the Government of Fiji and with other partners.
Finance: Budget and financial management
- Develop and manage detailed budget execution plans and schedules in line with yearly work programs and budget line;
- Assist in preparing annual budget, providing monthly forecast and monitoring of Fiji expenditures subsequently ensuring charges in the GL journals are charged to the correct codes;
- Place initial screening and controls on country office spending, procurement requests and contract issuance;
- Management of office expenses, assisting the manager with credit card reconciliation and processing of tax payments;
- Verify data and ensure data entry and document consistency from spending and expenses of specific project/output management;
- Complete corporate financial returns such as, monthly progress report (financial aspect, budget adjustment rounds during the year, year-end pack return etc.);
- Consolidate financial documentation for projects and ensure accuracy of project financial reporting.
- Monitor procurement plans and requisition procedures in line with yearly work programs and budget line;
- Support the Regional Program Senior Associate in the procurement of all goods and services for GGGI Fiji and in the region with focus on Value for Money.
Human Resources (HR) services:
- Monitor and ensure quality onboarding and induction provided for newly recruited staffs and consultants;
- Support the Pacific Regional Representative in all hiring processes;
- Support Pacific Regional Representative and HR on Performance and Talent Management processes for staff and consultants;
- Work in collaboration with HR to provide necessary information to staff on compensations and benefits:
- Support the Senior Regional Associate to align operations with the Host Country Agreement , including managing tax duties and other compliance in accordance with the Fiji law;
- Supports the Regional Representative to organize joint Pacific Island country team information sessions, knowledge/experience exchange sessions and sharing of project lessons between the Pacific Island Country teams.
Facilities and logistics:
- Maintain program filing system and safeguard standards of reporting/documentary quality to support reporting to donors and programme stakeholders.
- Manage and deliver the organisation of meetings, seminars, workshops, conferences, trainings, etc. including but not limited to transport solutions, catering, procurement and communications;
- Ensure a good system is in place to keep good control of office and IT inventories;
- Act as Health and Safety focal point for the office in Fiji and be aware of fire alarm and natural disaster procedures;
- Ensure smooth day to day running of the office in Fiji in close collaboration with and under the supervision of the Regional Program Senior Associate.
- In close collaboration with the Regional Program Senior Associate, GGGI HQ’s legal team and the Pacific Regional Representative, support adherence to Host Country Agreement with the Government of Fiji;
- Organise and process the necessary work and resident’s permits for GGGI expatriate staff under the supervision of the Regional Program Senior Associate.
Requirement and Qualifications
- Relevant qualification preferred (minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree in any one of the following accounting, business administration, economics, management & public administration, development studies)
- Experience in financial management and/or project budget management
- Experience of government and stakeholder systems (donor, multilateral, etc)
- Experience in organising workshops and logistics, including travel of participants
- Fluency in English and excellent writing skills are essential
- At least three years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of green growth and climate change issues would be an advantage
- Experience in writing press releases, communicating professionally on social media would be an advantage
- Self-motivated, team work and creative problem solving abilities
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team working in an evolving and entrepreneurial environment
- International experience across multiple country contexts
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and facilitation skills.
Corporate Behaviors and Values
- Understand and actively support GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promote an organisational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership
- Process and share information easily and is excellent at problem solving
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily
- Promote creativity and innovation among staff
- Be able to support the Pacific Regional Representative in all aspects of finance, administration and program implementation.