medair gso | Lausanne | Switzerland
Switzerland Global Support Office
Analyse, explore, and investigate the organizational processes and systems, by managing, designing, transforming, modifying, and evaluating Medair’s application landscape, in order to maintain, improve and implement systems and to address changes within Medair through technology.
Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
The ITS Department is responsible for developing a stable and standardised ICT infrastructure in the GSO and Medair’s field locations, following the ITS Strategy and Roadmap.
The Engagement Team is responsible for stewarding existing donors and building a network of high giving individuals using a structured approach to develop a portfolio that will contribute to our growth strategy.
As the Salesforce Analyst you will be a part of both the Engagement and ITS teams, working to ensure that business needs are met using the appropriate ITS practices and procedures.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair GSO, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
- Maximise the strategic use of Salesforce for Engagement and Corporate Communication
- Engage with department leaders and users to understand how data-driven changes to process, products, services, software and hardware can improve efficiencies and add value.
- Identify and prioritise technical and functional requirements. Then get feedback and find approval to implement changes.
- Manage the product backlog and present sprint proposals and reviews to different stakeholders.
- Documents business requirements and creates detailed functional/technical system specifications.
- Be part of internal and cross-cutting projects to ensure the alignment of business processes and solutions, and manage the integration of systems.
- Communicate project status to key partners throughout the entire development process.
Salesforce System Administrator
- Create design and technical specification documentation.
- Translate business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs in collaboration with Salesforce Developer.
- Drive resolution of issues that come up during the development phase.
- Implement or oversee implementation, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance.
- Performs administration / configuration / data migration / integration duties as directed.
Data Quality Management
- Evaluates issue patterns and operational functions to plan and recommend process improvement and possible system upgrades.
- Coach two database administrators in the prioritisation of their objectives. Assist to develop their professional and soft skills.
User Support and Training
- Provide second level support to users.
- Support database administrators in providing first level support to users.
- Coach Database Administrators in providing basic user training (on-boarding).
- Stay up to date: use existing Salesforce trainings, (community) resources, and develop skills and knowledge about the latest features. Train users accordingly.
- Work with contracted service providers and other technical groups to resolve system issues.
- As an ‘agent for change’ assess and improve processes and procedures, in the context of enterprise application landscape.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor in Computer or Information Science.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of systems development methodologies, including agile approaches.
- Worked with Salesforce.com and preferably have a current Salesforce System Admin certificate, or another CRM tool.
- At least 2 years of working experience in a similar role demonstrating increasing responsibilities.
- Demonstrated skills in business systems analysis, design, system testing and manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of enterprise business systems (Preferably: Microsoft Dynamics Nav, Qlik, Box, Salesforce, and Microsoft Suite). Experience using bug/project management tools (preferably JIRA).
- Business Process Mapping. System integration and Data Analysis.
- Experience in developing processes and creating end-user documentation.
- Self-propelled person that likes to work. Willingness to work for the mission of Medair.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills. Flexible team player with positive attitude.