Consultancy Strategic Plan and Business Plan Development
Purpose of the assignment
Within this assignment, GKCD calls for a comprehensive bid for facilitation of development of the following:
Strategic Plan and Business Plan for Narok Shirika Development Association - Narok CETIC
The business year 2019 will be a benchmark year for CETIC Narok as the association is about to deliver knowledge products (E.g. Trainings) as well as other services to their members and clients.
CETIC Narok shall also increase their product and services portfolio by outsourcing certain expertise and provide trainings and consultancies with the help of externally hired resources.
These components shall be reflected upon in a strategic plan as well as in the business plan. Within this assignment the consultant (firm or individual) shall pass on sufficient capacities to CETIC to create, validate and monitor their own strategic documents in the future.
Furthermore, a competitive business plan needs to be developed, validated and implemented in CETIC
Narok to plan business development and foresee financial sustainability. Monitoring procedures for both,
strategic and business plan, shall be identified and implemented.
The consultant (firm or individual) shall advise on pricing models for CETIC products and services.
Terms Of Reference (TORs)
The detailed ToRs of this assignment for the Narok CETIC include:
a) Technical Details
1. Describe the Methodology to be used during the facilitation of each of the Strategic and Business Plans’ developments
2. Develop the logical flow of how to guide the development of each of the Strategic and Business Plans
3. Compose monitoring instruments for management and Board of Directors of CETIC in a participatory manner and practice the application of the same
4. Document recommendations for product pricing for the different inhouse and outsourcing products / services of the institution
5. Capacity development for CETIC to maintain and adjust their strategic and business plan documents in the future (Theoretic lesson as well as on the job training)
6. Develop non-static master templates featuring the specifics of CETIC business to be multiplied to other CETIC in the future
7. Professional development of the Strategic Plan and Business Plan Documents in an inclusive manner along with CETIC manager and Board
8. Structure the deliverables (capacity development measures as well as actual document development) in a sensible way following a 3 times 10 working days scheme
9. Submit progress report on the developments made within each part of the assignment
10. Submit final report reflecting the overall activity
b) Financial Details
Prepare comprehensive separate Financial Proposals (budget) considering all technical details as spelled out above. The place of assignment is CETIC Narok. A one day introduction meeting at the project HQ in Nairobi shall be factored in.
NB: The comprehensive separate Financial Proposals (budget) should show your professional fees and the final cost of printing the Strategic and Business Plans documents.
1. Sustainable Strategic Plan and Business Plan for CETIC Narok in soft copy and hard copy are in place
2. Documented monitoring instruments for both documents for Board of Directors and Manager
3. Documented recommendations for pricing strategy for different CETIC services and products
4. Non-static master templates for strategic and business plans for multiplication in other CETIC
5. Capacity development materials for teaching strategic and business plan theory
6. Reports on the Assignment
Time Frame and Location
3 times 10 working days in CETIC Narok within 2019. Tentative schedule:
Beginning of June 2019 (10 working days)
Beginning of August 2019 (10 working days)
Beginning of October 2019 (10 working days)
1. Individuals or those working with the Firms must have at least University degree (Bachelors) preferably in Business Administration/Management or related fields;
2. Individuals and/or firms must have proven experience of at least 3 years in Strategic and Business Plans development and/or reviews
3. At least 3 references for which similar assignments have been undertaken
4. Demonstrated experience in similar assignments in the cooperative sectors will be an added advantage
5. Proven understanding of the Training and Consulting Businesses
6. A demonstrated financial capacity to undertake the job using own resources until an agreed milestone is achieved as the installment payments will be based on achieved milestones
Bid Submission Requirements
· A one-page application letter
· Detailed Technical Proposal
· Comprehensive Financial Proposals (budget)
· Updated CVs for the trainers and /or the profile of the consulting firm
· Contact details for three references.