Education Program Development Manager (PDM)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
A seven-year-old child in Gaza has already witnessed three wars in their lifetime. This is unacceptable.”
Jan Egeland, NRC’s Secretary General
NRC has been active in Palestine since 2009, working across Gaza and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, to reach Palestinians who are displaced or who face imminent threats of displacement. Our offices in Jerusalem, Hebron and Gaza, provide legal counselling to promote access to human rights, shelter, water and sanitation, and quality education. Nationally and globally, we advocate for the rights of displaced Palestinians and together with local authorities and community-based organisations, we establish mechanisms for monitoring the needs of displaced Palestinians, and promoting community-owned solutions.
We believe in Rights Respected & People Protected.
Want to learn more about NRC? Please visit our website https://www.nrc.no/who-we-are/about-us/ , and you can read our policy paper attached below.
Want to learn more about what we do in Gaza? Check out this link: https://youtu.be/vnx6OARQeYs
We are looking for and an experienced program manager to fill the position of an Education Program Development Manager (PDM). Our compensation and benefits include a competitive salary, accommodation, medical insurance, pension and R&R.
If you have experience in Education in Emergencies (EiE) and Psycho social support programs for children within a humanitarian/ recovery context and you are looking for your next challenge, then please take a close look at the attached job description.
Excellent leadership and management skills is a must.
Previous experience and knowledge with program development and implementation is required
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate access with different stakeholders, in addition to implementing education programme.
Knowledge of the Palestinian context is desirable.
- Develop Education strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, Core Competency (CC) tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible of development and manage funding proposal, project budgets and donor reports
- Overall management of project staff
- Coordinate and manage Education project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Contract period: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Duty station: Duty station Gaza or Jerusalem (to be decided)
- Tax: up to 10%
- Travel: up to 40% approximately
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
- Family employment benefits do not apply