Senior Finance Manager- Cambodia
Phnom Penh (Cambodia) | Cambodia
View Req 4542BR : Senior Finance Manager (Cambodia)
The Senior Finance Manager (SFM) leads the development of the country program’s capacity to deliver the objectives set forth for the Finance Unit in support of Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) Cambodia’s short and long term objectives. The SFM is reporting to the National Director of HFHI-Cambodia and accountable for leading the Finance Team in managing the organization’s financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements, payroll systems and processes and internal controls, ongoing financial modeling and annual business plan. This position provides leadership and coaching to the Finance Team.
This position is based in Habitat for Humanity Cambodia office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
DUTIES/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Planning and Leadership Impact: play a key role in planning and setting the direction of Habitat for Humanity International Cambodia (HFHIC) and participate in the strategic planning process including multiyear budget forecasting and development of finance policies and procedures.
• Provide direct oversight and support to the Finance Team and ensure all transactions and financial reports are in compliance with Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) and HFHIC’s finance policies.
• Develop, implement, and monitor the internal control procedures for the National Office, Field Offices, and partner organizations.
• Ensure all funds received by HFHIC are accurately recorded, and compliant with HFHIC internal control procedures.
• Oversee the accounting function for the National Office and Field Offices and ensure transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely fashion and financial reports are provided to stakeholders by the prescribed deadlines.
• Ensure statistical data is captured and recorded accurately and on a timely basis and reports are provided to stakeholders by the prescribed deadlines.
• Analyze National Office and Field Office-level financial and statistical reports on a monthly basis; track key indicators and timelines, provide written or verbal analysis to stakeholders, HFHIC managers, supervisors, committees, and Asia Pacific Managers.
• Facilitate the preparation of the annual budget with HFHIC management to ensure it is prepared as required by HFHI and HFHIC.
• Consult with and advise the National Office, and Field Office finance staff to ensure compliance with best practices, and provide required training, either by HFHIC staff or from outside organizations.
• Ensure standard accounting recording and reporting for common program initiatives.
• Facilitate technical support for accounting software for the National Office and Field Offices.
• In consultation with the Country Director, prepare grant proposals and fund transfers. Liaise with the Asia Pacific Grant Manager and other Area Office staff, to ensure all grant proposals and fund transfer queries are followed up in a timely manner.
• Grant Management – responsible for preparation of financial oversight and financial reports as required for all grants.
• Management of all financial aspects of all save and build projects and of associated revolving funds.
• Facilitate year end external audit, to ensure compliance with US GAAP and audit completion by the HFHI due date.
• Ensure adherence to Cambodian Government financial reporting requirements, and compliance and follow up on all finance related enquiries from the Cambodia Government.
• General Administration: Responsible for the effective management of the country program’s physical assets, and working with the country director to insure that all of HFHIC is adequately equipped with the tools necessary to perform jobs and area objectives.
• Lead and supervise Procurement Unit members, and provide overall leadership and management of all procurement tasks within HFHI-C.
• Undertake other responsibilities and projects as required by the N Director.
• Deliverables/Performance Measurement Indicators:
• Financial Indicators confirm that the financial reports are submitted in a timely and accurate fashion..
• Timely Implementation of all the internal and external audit recommendations.
• Monthly and quarterly financial reports are submitted to the management and donors on a timely manner.
• Annual and Project Donor Budgets are prepared/submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
• Internal and external audit reviews confirm the implementation of financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to minimize risk.
•To coordinate with RD department regularly to keep the Grant Tracking and pipeline up to date.
•To coordinate with Program Teams regularly through formal and informal meetings to understand and solve the bottlenecks faced by them as well as to communicate expectations and new developments from Habitat Cambodia’s Finance Department.
•To present updated financial performance and current Income and Spending position of all in hand projects to SMT on monthly basis highlighting the emerging Risks and opportunities (if any).
• Bachelor Degree in accounting, business administration, finance, economics or other related field, preferably with an MBA or graduate degree in financial management
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
At least 3 years experience as a senior manager in a similar size NGO or company, overseeing multi-departmental responsibilities including administrations, HR and finance.
• Knowledge of Cambodia financial and tax regulations, especially those pertaining to non-governmental or not-for-profit organizations
• Previous experience managing grants or contracts with external funding agencies, such as the World Bank, USAID, AUSAID, etc. is an advantage
• Previous experience in banking or micro-financing is an advantage
Skills, Competencies, and Experience:
Suitability to undertake the responsibilities above at the required level
• Advanced knowledge and experience with accounting and/or financial management software (e.g., SUN System, Quick Book, etc), and MS Office applications.
• Broad financial management skills to direct financial planning, accounting, internal control and loan portfolio management needs of the country program
• Strong commitment to team management approach, including good managerial, leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and negotiating skills
• Proven capacity to interact and negotiate with international partners, government officials, corporate partners and grassroots partners
• Good command English, both verbal and written, Khmer language an asset
• Proven integrity and good character especially in the stewardship of resources, transparency and accountability
• Strong commitment to uphold the organization’s Christian roots and principles
• Cross-cultural management experience
• Proven track record in HR management, including recruitment, contract management, etc.