Sr. Specialist MEAL Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, & Learning
Manila (Philippines) | Philippines
View Req 4549BR : Sr. Specialist Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning MEAL
Reporting to MIS Manager, the Sr. Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL Specialist will play a key role in the management of MEAL-related initiatives within the project in alignment with Habitat for Humanity International's (HFHI) vision, mission, goals, objectives and according to project’s expectations and operational context. He/she wil also ensure that a MEAL Plan is developed, properly integrated within the selected Management Information System (MIS) with the support of the Technology Specialist, implemented and tested in the field well, guaranteeing that the needed data and reports of the project are disseminated in an appropriate, adequate and consistent manner to concerned audience/s. In addition, s/he will actively collaborate with AP Program Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (PDME) Manager to ensure alignment and co-sharing of MEAL initiatives.
This is a project based position.
This position is based in Manila, Philippines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead the development and management of Project’s MEAL system, operational guidance and procedures
•Coordinate and provide guidance to the Technology Specialist on setting and managing the MIS
•Review the project’s theory of change and develop the overall MEAL framework/plan.
• Design qualitative and quantitative data management methods and tools (collection, storage, analysis and reporting). This will include development design and carrying out of research/surveys, collection of project progress, issues, good practices, lessons and recommendations as required by the project.
• Conduct MEAL need assessments and provide relevant MEAL awareness and training courses to project staff and local partners;
• Support local project staff in developing and applying MEAL tools, data management, data analysis, basic surveying and sampling techniques, properly document, organize and capture program progress, project activities, and in reporting.
• In conjunction with local program staff, conduct regular field monitoring visits to assess progress of project implementation, identify problems and issues to be addressed and recommend corrective actions and track follow-up actions, and promote compliance by project impact and deliverables;
• Consult, supervise outsource consultant and short-term subject-matter experts in the areas of MEAL including of creating terms of reference, technical oversight and reviewing deliverables and reports, as well as ensuring quality and compliance;
Will work closely with HFHI Project Support and Monitoring Team, Habitat Philippines Teams, local chief executives (LCEs) of partner LGUs, relevant national government agencies (PAG-Ibig, HLURB, etc), heads of partner NGOs and/or foundations.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in statistics, economics, sociology, international development or a related field; Master's degree preferred
Minimum of 7 years’ experience with Non-Governmental Organizations, program design, monitoring and evaluation or project management with responsibility for conducting and managing evaluations;
Substance knowledge on quantitative and qualitative research methods, data analysis and interpretation, reporting; experiences in participatory MEAL approaches is desirable
• Strong working knowledge of program design, monitoring, evaluation and learning approaches, including logical frameworks and monitoring plans, multi-site evaluations;
• Experience in data management through Management Information Systems including designing data collection instruments, managing data collection, data storage, analysis and reports preparation
• Strong analytical and research skills;
• Experience preparation and conducting trainings/workshops;
• Ability to multi-task with conflicting priorities in multicultural environments
• Strong in Microsoft applications, Word, Excel, Access, SPSS or other database and data analysis software;