National Post: Programme Specialist, Resilience, NOC, Syrian Arab Republic
Please note that this vacancy announcement is only open to nationals of the Syrian Arab Republic.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
In collaboration with PMU, UN Agencies, Implementing Partners (IPs) and other partners, contributes substantively to the implementation of the Joint Programme, and its activities in line with project priorities and according to UNFPA Programme Policies and Procedures. Ensures achievement of project goals, incorporating lessons learned, best practices and establishing appropriate execution monitoring mechanisms and systems and coordinating with the Donor and the UN partner agencies.
- Ensures quality of services provided and outputs produced;
- Analyzes, interprets and shares with supervisor and Deputy Representative the political, social and economic environment relevant to population and development, reproductive health, gender, protection, and Youth and identifies adjustments needed or challenges and opportunities for UNFPA intervention for the project;
- Expedites and coordinates project implementation by establishing collaborative relationships with executing UN agencies, experts, local government, IPs and other counterparts, facilitating timely and efficient delivery of project inputs;
- Conducts field monitoring visits, participates to activities in the field and proposing and addressing necessary adjustments for the project implementation.
- Provides substantive information and inputs, particularly on resilience-based approaches and programming and cooperates with Reporting Officer in preparing and submitting relevant reports related to joint project implementation;
- Helps create and document knowledge about current and emerging population development trends, reproductive Health and gender issues, by analyzing Programme, projects, strategies, approaches and ongoing experience related to the JP project, for lessons learned, best practices, and shares with management for use in knowledge sharing and planning future projects and partnerships;
- Seeks advice and coordinates contributions from UNFPA Syria Programme/technical teams to the analysis of joint Programme substantive areas, design and content of Workplans, implementation and monitoring of the UNFPA component of the JP;
- Provides guidance, mentoring and coaching to the national project staff on Resilience programming;
- Contributes to provide technical support to the development of relevant advocacy and policy documents to address Resilience in the Syrian context;
- Promotes awareness of national laws and policies that inform action to address the resilience programming challenges;
- Works to ensure complementarity between UNFPA humanitarian and resilience programming;
- In close collaboration with the Communications Unit, supports the Syria CO on development of appropriate Resilience related response communication strategies, campaigns and corresponding materials;
- Other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in public health, medicine, sociology, demography, gender, economics, international relations, international development, public administration, management or other related field with five (5) years of increasingly responsible professional experience in resilience developmental program/project management. Or Bachelor’s degree with seven years of increasingly responsible professional experience in resilience developmental program/project management;
- Proven professional experience in working with different stakeholders (e.g. civil society; governmental;
- Knowledge of gender programming, strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Field experience;
- EU programme implementation experience is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset.
• Exemplifying integrity
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
• Embracing diversity in all its forms
• Embracing change
• Achieving Results
• Being Accountable
• Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
• Thinking analytically and Strategically
• Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
• Communicating for Impact
• Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
• Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
• Delivering results-based programmers
• Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
• Managerial Competencies (if applicable):
• Providing strategic focus
• Engaging internal/external partners
• Leading, developing and empowering people/ creating a culture of performance
• Making decisions and exercising judgment