Rehabilitation Centre Nurse
Baidoa (Somalia) | Somalia
OVERVIEW OF CTG
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we can act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Defector Rehabilitation Programme (DRP), Ministry of Internal Security in South West State and or client - the DRP’s implementing partner, are seeking to recruit an experienced clinical Nurse to provide healthcare services to beneficiaries at the Rehabilitation Centre for vulnerable youth (males) in Baidoa.
The Nurse will be responsible for establishing and running of a Rehabilitation Centre medical clinic that provides preventive, curative and promotive health services to the beneficiaries. S/He will directly be supervised by South West Ministry of Internal Security and Transition Centre staff with technical support from our client's Migration Health Division (MHD). Overall contract performance management is jointly monitored and evaluated by South West Ministry of Internal Security and the International Organization for Migration. International Organization for Migration will undertake contracting obligations and remuneration.
• Provide health screening to beneficiaries upon their entry into programme, as well as on a regular basis during their stay at the Transition Centre;
• Provide medical treatment and referrals of complicated cases;
• Establish patient care goals; teach and counsel patients and reinforce their understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills; answers questions;
• Conduct regular health and hygiene awareness sessions with beneficiaries at the centre;
• Always maintain a safe and clean working environment;
• Adhere to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations at all times;
• Assist in keeping track of medical supplies and drugs, checking expiration dates, and in ensuring and verifying timely replenishment to avoid stock outs;
• Report the key epidemiological data every week in a timely manner.
• Collate, analyse and generate relevant data and submit reports as required.
• Rehabilitation Centre Manager
• This role does not require team management
§ Bachelor's in Nursing/clinical medicine from recognized institution/University and/or Diploma in a minimum of three years’ experience in clinical practice in Somalia and/or Somali population;
§ Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable relevant Medical experience.
§ Experience in working in public health in Somalia and/or Somali population;
§ Experience in working with the Ministry of Health, an asset
§ Minimum of 5 years of experience in Africa (essential).
§ Fluency in English and Somali are essential.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Other relevant information:
• To be advised
Please apply through below link: