The Jr. PSC Contracts Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the solicitation, evaluation, negotiation, termination, close-out and post award administration of (USAID) Bureau for Management/ Management Services’ Rapid Staff Support Services (RS3) PSC human resources and contracts activities. The Specialist will prepare contract and HR files and required electronic documents. Research, analyze and review all applicable policies, guidance and regulations to support the client’s Contracting Officer decision-making. This position performs necessary research and prepares all documentation for the termination of contracts for convenience of the U.S. Government or default by the contractor.
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to USPSC awards from maintaining files to responding in an informed and timely fashion to contractual questions and request for assistance. This includes demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency when responding to internal and external customer requests.
- HR Activities: reviewing position descriptions, assisting with onboarding and interview scheduling, other HR administrative duties as needed.
- Must be familiar with applicant tracking systems, People-Trak knowledge a plus
- Support USPSC solicitation, negotiation, award and contract administration activities.
- Draft all contract documents, including budgets and memos necessary to execute contracts and contract modifications for assigned actions. Ensure that all reports are accurate, complete, and timely.
- Ensure assigned USPSC contracts are in compliance with USAID, U.S. Government, and other regulations, laws, standards, procedures.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files and systems in compliance with U.S. Government and USAID standards.
- Monitor and track upcoming contractual actions and deadlines. Responsible for assuring that all information regarding the status of assigned procurement actions are in the Global Acquisition & Assistance System (GLAAS) databases and/or current systems as applicable for completion of work tasks and as per agency regulatory requirements.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 1-4 years of experience including internships. Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in Government contracting and/or Human Resources including demonstrated understanding of applicable laws, rules, regulations and procedures governing contracting and HR operations. Must have knowledge of FAR, AIDAR, DFARS, DOSAR.
Skills: Outstanding customer service, interpersonal, and supervision skills; Reliable, highly organized, and motivated; Must excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment while maintaining focus and balance priorities; Excellent attention to detail; Superior oral and written communication skills Superior computer skills (MS Office Suite in a network environment) including the ability to learn new software and databases quickly.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.