Head of Project - Mardin
Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Project - Mardin (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. The place of work will be Mardin, Turkey. Taking the security situation into account, travel for work will be required.
As Head of Project you will be managing an ECHO funded project focused on protection and Education in Emergencies for refugees in Turkey. Through this project you will support refugees in getting access to existing social services and provide services such as MHPSS and legal counselling through partners. The project will speficially focus on Out-of-School-Children and will contribute to their access into the formal education system as well. Also you will be managing Welthungerhilfe's field office in Mardin.
- Carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of the co-financing donors and Welthungerhilfe standards for the implementation of projects
- Preparing key project documents, e.g. operation plan, M&E plan, quarterly internal report and reports to donors
- Managing activities/programmes and projects in Mardin province and neighbouring districs such as Diyarbakir
- Managing the project team and all activities related to the project, as well as the field office in Mardin
- Establishing the sector of Education in Emergencies within the WHH programme in the country
- Continue close cooperation with respective departments at HQ to further develop the sector strategy of protection not only in country but for the organization as a whole
- Establishes good working relationships with donors and other stakeholders in-country for emergency, rehabilitation and development programmes in coordination with the Country Office
- A relevant university / polytechnic degree in the field of social sciences
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management of complex projects of different sectors (Education and protection)
- Experience in Community Based programming
- ECHO Donor experience is an advantage
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English; Turkish and/or Arabic will be an advantage
- Hands on mentality
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. The job description can be sent to you in case of interest.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by April 21, 2019. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi.