ABA ROLI Senior Program Officer, Gender-Based Violence
Tunis (Tunisia) | Tunisia
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative seeks a Senior Program Officer to support implementation of a one-year program, which seeks to enhance the capacity of service providers (including CSO-operated listening centers and shelters) to protect and assist victims of gender-based violence. The Senior Program Officer will provide programmatic and technical support in the substantive development and management of the program. The selected candidate shall provide expertise to support execution of program activities; develop and maintain partnerships with CSO partners and government officials to support smooth implementation; and support program reporting and management.
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Period of Performance: Through May 2020
· Undertake day to day management of the project, including operational, administrative and logistics related tasks ensuring efficient use of resources
· Contribute to and support project implementation in line with the work plan and program award;
· Work with program team, stakeholders, and key beneficiaries to design and execute program activities related to capacity building and professionalization of service providers undertaking support to victims of gender-based violence;
· Support short term local and international consultants in realization of specific assignments;
· Facilitate meetings with key program partners in-country;
· Support meetings with international implementers regarding potential areas of collaboration, particularly in areas related to women’s economic and social empowerment;
· Assist in management of subgrants with local partners;
· Travel to regions to support implementation or oversight of program activities, as needed.
· Contribute in drafting project documents, including project briefs, concept notes and strategies, and related research and legal analysis;
· Gather necessary data for monitoring and evaluation of the progress in the implementation of project activities;
· Assist in the development of comprehensive and timely submission of regular reports;
· Participate in the design of program activities for potential program extensions and/or new proposals related to human rights, rule of law, fundamental freedoms, and women’s empowerment;
· Other duties as assigned.
· This position is open exclusively to Tunisian citizens
· Bachelor degree in social or political sciences, gender, management, law or similar field
· At least 6 years of direct experience in implementation and coordination of development projects;
· 4 years experience working on capacity building, human rights, gender, or rule of law programming in Tunisia; familiarity or background on gender-based violence and/or women’s empowerment programming is preferred
· Experience working for an international organization preferred
· Demonstrated experience working with relevant stakeholders, including justice sector actors, civil society, ministry officials, and other local partners;
· Prior experience coordinating with donors and key stakeholders preferred;
· Sound knowledge and skills in conducting research and drafting reports and analysis
· Proven ability to plan and organize work effectively and within a required timeframe, including administrative and operational tasks
· Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills (verbal and written), resourcefulness, flexibility, and creative problem-solving skills strongly desired.
· Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks.
· English, French, and Arabic written and oral language competencies required.
Please submit a cover letter highlighting your interest and qualifications for this position as well as a copy of your C.V. to email@example.com no later than April 21.