The Program Management Coordinator will be responsible for providing support to the overall HPGE Division, Division Director and Team Leaders within the U.S. Agency for International Development’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA).
The selected candidate must commit to a minimum of 18 months in the PMC role, before transitioning into another position within Macfadden.
- Manage schedule for senior Division management; organize and confirm appointments, manage calendar; maintain daily appointment books with detailed meeting information; prepare materials for daily schedule; ensure timeliness of scheduled activities; assist with leave calendars;
- Manage logistics requirements for the Division;
- Provide administrative support to travel requirements of personnel, which includes processing travel authorization requests, preparing requests for country clearances using the electronic filing system required by the Department of State, and assist traveler in completing visa applications or letters; coordinate travel with office travel contractor;
- Serve as recorder/note taker at Division or Team level meetings and coordinate with appropriate team;
- Manage Division’s and assigned Team’s electronic and hard copy filing systems;
- Assist in preparing and developing briefings or briefing books;
- As applicable, develop familiarity with portfolio(s) of assigned Team(s);
- Maintain OFDA “Representation” calendar for HPGE staff and OFDA front office;
- Assist with on-boarding new Division employees; coordinate logistics requirements for work station, network access, badging requirements, and similar activities;
- Support USAID and OFDA projects and events; assist with organization of representational events;
- Coordinate tasker tracking;
- Serve, as needed, on Washington-based RMTs, which provide services and support to DARTs deployed in response to disasters. The duties on RMTs will be varied;
- Serve as the OFDA after-hours duty officer on a rotational basis, for approximately one week every six months;
- Develop and maintain broad level awareness of organization’s major ongoing priorities;
- Coordinate special projects and events with, and in support of, the division; manage administrative logistics and requirements; other responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills
Education: B.A. in International Studies, Public Administration or related field. Advanced Degree Strongly Preferred.
Experience: At least three years of professional office experience, preferably in a non-profit, NGO or international development organization.
- Strong communication, problem solving and customer services skills required in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with multiple deadlines and competing priorities; occasionally exceeding normal business hours.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency required to include strong applied knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
U.S. citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored Clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.