Team Leader, Nepal Federalism Assessment
Kathmandu (Nepal) | Nepal
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of providing high, quality assessments to USAID/Nepal’s development of its new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), CAMRIS seeks a Team Leader for the Federalism assessment.
* Serve as the primary investigator of the federalism assessment, providing oversight and quality control throughout the assessment process.
* Work with the CAMRIS MEL Activity field office and USAID/Nepal’s Democracy team to plan and conduct the assessment.
* Lead the assessment design, development of assessment work plan, data collection instruments, data analysis plan, data collection plan, development and presentation of preliminary findings, and drafting of assessment report.
* Allocate responsibilities to other assessment team members based on their skills and capacity.
* Support the assessment team members to ensure that all team members fulfill obligations, communications, and deliverables in a timely manner.
* Manage the team’s activities and organize and facilitate team interaction.
* At least a Master’s degree, in social science or other related subject area.
* At least five years of experience assessing democracy and governance sectors in donor funded countries or evaluating USAID or other donor democracy and governance projects
* Broad technical knowledge of USAID democracy and governance projects that aim to devolve authority from central to local levels. Outstanding attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
* Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and procedures
* Excellent communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Strong English writing skills; writing samples from recent evaluations or reports, and three professional references, will be requested