Head of Creative Studio, P4
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme saves lives in emergencies and changes the lives of millions of people around the world. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger by 2030. Every day, WFP works to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need to thrive.
The Head of Creative Studio will report directly to the Director of Communications, Advocacy and Marketing Division (CAM).
The Head of Creative Studio will lead the creative development, production and implementation of an organizational content strategy and campaigns in line with our brand story and priority narratives. This will encompass the coordinated design and delivery of a wide variety of digital and physical media, including video, audio, photo, multimedia, graphics and publications, new media, as well as data visualization of content within CAM Division.
The Head of Creative Studio will have oversight of all creative content produced by both internal teams and agencies, to ensure that it delivers a consistent & unique visual brand experience and narrative structure in line with organizational objectives, engaging its target audience to inspire its intended outcomes. The Head of Creative Studio will lead and manage the internal content production team, working proactively across the different CAM teams and other divisions to achieve this purpose.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Create and deliver an organizational content strategy that encompasses multimedia, graphics and data visualization of content that increases audience engagement.
- Define and implement the content strategy ensuring an inclusive and effective way of communicating WFP's cause to increase brand recognition and inspire engagement and support.
- Ensure that strategies for emerging or untapped areas of content and channels are developed and implemented, maintaining own and team's awareness of creative industry trends.
- Ensure consistent and inspiring outputs across all platforms, channels and audiences.
- Ensure quality, brand alignment, audience impact and strategic alignment of the internal and external content production teams.
- Lead and manage a large multifunctional team, providing guidance on content gathering, creative development and production.
- Identify opportunities for partnerships with Creative Agencies worldwide.
- Develop a system to create WFP's diverse content streams and make it accessible and usable across the organization, along with specific usage guidelines, delivering the highest impact amongst target audiences.
Ensure strong content integration across divisions under CAM.
- Work with Head of Digital and Head of Brand Building and Public Engagement, and other CAM teams to ensure the delivery of simple, inspiring and unified brand communication experiences across digital platforms and for targeted marketing campaigns.
- Work with Strategic Planning and Coordination team to ensure optimum systems and processes in place to ensure smooth workflow for all projects.
- Ensure timely and periodic monitoring and tracking of activities to align outputs against CAM Key Performance Indicators.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations, monitoring and guidance in managing communication risks.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in Marketing, Multimedia production, Journalism, International Relations, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
- At least 8 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience and a proven track record in communications, marketing, multimedia production or other relevant fields.
- Extensive experience at a senior level of creating effective content for multiple global markets.
- Experience of working on cross-organizational initiatives, involving campaigning and fundraising.
- Substantial experience in content gathering and creative production planning.
- Experience of managing large teams with varied areas of expertise in the delivery of innovative communications projects.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong storytelling skills, including ability to write clear, effective briefs for communication teams.
- Good knowledge of the external media, design and production market.
- Demonstrable excellence in content creation.
- Strong ability to develop and implement new effective processes.
- Good understanding of digital asset management systems and their implementation.
- Good understanding of the role of digital platforms and their potential for global impact.
- Strong understanding of global markets, audiences, and international content formats.
- Strong ethics of image production and delivery.
- Strong leadership skills, being able to manage and motivate a creative production team in a fast moving international environment.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across different cultures, disciplines and geographies.
- Strong planning and monitoring skills, including the ability to set priorities, realistic workplans, and work within budget.
- Excellent editorial judgement.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Understanding of content gathering in field environments, including insecure environments.
- Substantial knowledge of creating content to support global fundraising campaigns.
- Excellent global creative network.
- Experience in creating fundraising and campaigning content for a social cause.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Media and Influencer Relationship Management||Demonstrates ability to formulate and maintain strong relationships with key media and influencers. Leads in implementing identified strategy to raise the profile of WFP, build relationships and further organisational aims.|
|Media and Communication Expertise||Provides guidance to team members in facilitating open and informative verbal and written communication between media and influencers. Directs a team in the preparation of tailored written reports, presentations materials.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Communications||Utilises specialist knowledge of communications principles and concepts in supervising the production of complex communication campaigns through various media , providing critical evaluation. Applies this in development of plans of work and strategies which are aligned to WFP’s overall communication strategy.|
|Sociopolitical Contextual Understanding||Demonstrates deep understanding of the multilateral/interagency environment and the dynamics in which WFP operates which influences approach to working, policy development and decision making.|
|Communication Strategy and Planning||Conceptualises and manages the development of the WFP communication strategy, ensuring effective focus on target groups, key stakeholders and media to raises the profile of WFP and support fundraising initiatives. Leverages specialist expertise within team as a key input into strategy and oversees its implementation.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. This position is however classified as “non-rotational” which means the incumbent shall not be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is reclassified as rotational.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Where we work” and “Our work” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
http://icsc.un.org Click: Quick Links > Salary Scales > by date
http://www.unstaffmobility.org Learn more about countries where the UN operates
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
5th May, 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.