Administrative Assistant II (19-34)
International PotatoCenter POSITIONANNOUNCEMENT
Ref.: 19-34 AA/INDIA/NRS
Karnal, Haryana, India
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking an accountable and innovative Administrative Assistant to provide overall office support for the project “Quality Seed Potato Production Using Aeroponics and Select to Supply Short Duration Potato Varieties at Potato Technology Center, Shamgarh, Karnal, Haryana”. This is a three-year project funded by the Department of Horticulture, Haryana (DOH).
About the project: This is three-year project works in five different micro-agro-ecologies of Haryana, namely Karnal, Kurukshetra, Narnaul, Sirsa, and Palwal. The project aims to increase income through sustainableintensificationofcroppingintensityandvaluechainsbyincreasingtheaccesstoqualitypotato seed of early-bulking, heat tolerant robust potato varieties.
About the role: The successful candidate will provide administrative and logistic support to a national and international science team based in Karnal and different districts of Haryana. This position will be based in Haryana, India and will report directly to the Senior Research Associate of the project. Key responsibilities:
• Provide administrative support in the formulation of the project’s budget, operational plans and related policies and procedures to facilitate program/project’s planning function. • Assemble and draft documents, such as contracts or reports, requiring the integration of information from multiple sources and application of office technology and software, often of a highly technical and/or confidential nature, to ensure availability and accuracy of draft documents.
• Coordinate and update the events calendar of project’s members to maintain informed about staff activities.
• Provide logistical and technical support in all administrative aspects.
• Coordinate and manage supply chain and resource requirements to maintain an adequate level of office supplies and good functioning of equipment.
• Keep updated and organized administrative papers to maintain the project database system accurate.
• Facilitate the preparation of technical reports, documents and presentations. • Arrange national and international travels and assist in the organization’s events, workshops and visits.
What are we looking for?
• Technical or bachelor’s degree in secretarial administration or related areas. • 3 to 5 years of experience required in similar positions. Desirable experience in non-for-profit organizations.
• Excellent skills in handling office technology and software applications
• Outstanding writing and reporting skills.
• Ability to organize department activities and processes.
• Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
• Experience in documentation management, supply management and inventory control. • Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
Why should youconsider this opportunity?
• CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background, World Food Price Winner and awarded with the Al-Sumait Award for ourOrangeFlesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.• CIPisdedicatedtoachievingfoodsecurity,improvingnutritionandwell-being,andgenderequity for poor people in roots, tubers farming and food systems in the developing world.
• CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in developing countries and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
• Excellent working environment.
• Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
• One-year contract.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
Visit the following link: (http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/) and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on April 19, 2019 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn moreaboutCIPby accessing our web siteat http://www.cipotato.org
CIPisan equal opportunityemployer.Qualifiedwomenandprofessionals fromdeveloping countries areparticularly encouragedtoapply