Event Coordination Junior consultant
Under the guidance and supervision of the Communications Specialist, the consultant will coordinate the organization and promotion of the Social Good Summit 2019 in Geneva. The SGSGeneva brings together entrepreneurs, impact investors, representatives from the global supply chain, international organizations, and bilateral cooperation - connecting them and bridging their expertise to accelerate the implementation of the SDGs.
The Summit focuses on the catalytic role impact driven entrepreneurship can play for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and how innovative finance can fill the financial gap to implement the SDGs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of the Communications Specialist, the consultant will carry out the following tasks:
- Support fundraising efforts: Map potential partners, research key information and package results, prepare deck, follow up with relevant information.
- Prepare sponsors agreement, track payment and ensure that commitment are delivered on UNDP side
External Providers Management
- Identify as needed external providers (caterers, designers, printers, etc.)
- Contribute to procure external services (request for proposal, financial offer, liaison with UNDP finance officer)
- Ensure quality control of the services that are procured
- Supervise registration process liaising with relevant colleagues (marketing, communication, financial analyst): Coordinate campaign to promote registration, manage selection of requests, manage the community of registered participants;
- Coordinate panel discussions: Reach out to panelists and moderators once identified, secure their participation, coordinate scripts and preparatory work, prepare slide template and ensure smooth logistics;
- Coordinate team on site: Recruit and prep team of volunteers, oversee tasks for the day and organize roles, manage registration on site and play the “got to person” for any arising issue;
- Supervise logistical arrangements of the Social Good Summit, including coordinating with sponsors, service providers;
- Supervise run of show and venue oversight.
Monitoring and reporting
Coordinate the final report of the Social Good Summit 2019, liaising with team members to generate the data, analyze it and turn it into a light report as well as an updated version of the SGSGeneva deck.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
Deliverables / Outputs
Estimated Duration to Complete
Target Due Dates
(approximate dates, but changeable depending on externalities out of control of the consultant)
Review and Approvals Required
Support fundraising efforts: Map and reach out to at least 10 new potential partners with clear rationale of synergies; Provide support to on going fundraising efforts with investors and large companies.
May to September 2019
Manage External Providers
Manage the registration campaign and supervise process, coordinate the organization of panel discussions and prepare / implement the run of show
July to October, 2019
Coordinate the production of the final report of the Social Good Summit 2019 and repackaging into a variety of format
October to Early November, 2019
E. Institutional Arrangement
The Communication Manager will supervise the consultant.
The Consultant will provide a certificate of payment based on completed activities and time spent at the end of each month (or as most convenient in relation to completed deliverables) to the Director.
F. Duration of the Work
The consultancy will last seven months, from May 2019 to November 2019, inclusive for a maximum number of 60 days.
The consultant will work remotely but will attend weekly meetings at UNDP Geneva. No compensation will be provided for travel to Geneva.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modeling UN values and ethical standards;
- Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Analytical Skills: Excellent ability to articulate, conceptualize or solve complex problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information
- Written communication: Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write in a clear, simple, concise way for non-technical external audiences
- Knowledge Management: Ability to efficiently research, analyze and share information and knowledge
- Organizational skills: Ability for problem-solving, multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and working under pressure
- Teamwork: Ability to engage with other units/teams and forge productive working relationships Ability to work as part of a team in a constantly evolving work environment
Required Skills and Experience
- At least two years of relevant experience (fundraising, external engagement, event organization).
- Experience in coordination with a set of diverse players and project management
- Experience in developing program assessment, designing and collecting relevant KPIs and turning quantitative and qualitative information into marketing material
- Academic and work related experience in development and SDGs financing is a plus
- Professional experience within the United Nations System is desirable
- Master’s Degree or equivalent Advanced Degree in communications, international affairs or a related area.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, French and Spanish are a plus.
- Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
UNDP applies a fair and transparent selection process that would take into account both the technical qualification of Individual Consultants as well as their financial proposals. The contract will be awarded to the candidate whose offer:
- is deemed technically responsive / compliant / acceptable (only technically responsive applications/ candidates will be considered for the financial evaluation); and
- has obtained the highest combined technical and financial scores.
Technical Criteria – 70% of total evaluation – max. 70 points
Criteria A: Theoretical and practical familiarity with fundraising, event organization in its various components (marketing, registration, content development, liaison with speakers, caterers and team management), coordination across a diverse set of players (including a remote team) and with development issues, the SDGs and sustainable finance – max points: 50
Criteria B: Educational background– max points: 10
Criteria C: Adequacy of brief proposed methodology for the consultancy– max points: 10
Financial Criteria – 30% of total evaluation – max. 30 points
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to apply by midnight of 23 April 2019.
The application should contain:
- Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position. A brief note on proposed methodology for the consultancy
- Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability-please fill in the attached form. On page 3, please fill out section I. Personnel costs only. No need to fill out section B. (http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_file.cfm?doc_id=45780 )
Please note that only 1 (one) file can be uploaded; therefore please include all documents in one file.
*Please also note that the financial proposal is all-inclusive and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period). All envisaged costs must be included in the financial proposal.Qualified women and members of minorities are encouraged to apply. Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP's Individual Consultant's General Terms and conditions are provided here: www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/documents/procurement/documents/IC%20-%20General%20Conditions.pdf