Finance Manager - Programs, South Sudan
Juba (South Sudan) | South Sudan
Do you have a mind for numbers and a heart for people? Join us as a Finance Manager for Humanitarian Programming with Samaritan’s Purse! As a Finance Manager in South Sudan, your expertise will contribute directly to the site’s fiscal responsibility and staff welfare, ensuring the organization’s ability to deliver continued Christ-like care to people in need. For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Manages review of financial transactions and supporting documentation in an organized and professional manner.
- Ensures financial/accounting activity is carried out in accordance SP’s field accounting policies.
- Ensures adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at all Field sites, liaising with Field Accountants & Area Coordinators.
- Manages the reconciliation of cash at all sites on a weekly basis and investigate any over/under situations.
- Maintains close and cooperative working relationships with fellow financial staff, the Director of Finance and Area Coordinators.
- Supervises Finance Officers and Field Accountant based in Juba and in Kenya.
- Provides support to Base Manager and/or Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and budget management as required.
- Identifies areas for financial and administrative improvement and works to implement feasible improvements.
- Provides financial assistance to Program Managers during annual budget process.
- Assists with preparation of monthly bank reconciliation for all SP South Sudan Bank accounts in South Sudan & Kenya.
- Assists Director of Finance in preparing Journal Entries and finalizing all transactions and documentation related to the financial close process each month.
- Assists in facilitation of both internal and external audits.
- Works closely with the Grants department regarding budget proposals and agreements.
- Travels to the field periodically to provide finance and accounting support to Area Coordinators and finance staff.
- Assists with the review of local payroll and payroll taxes for all South Sudan field sites on a monthly basis.
- Follow all procedures provided by Director of Finance and Country Director.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience.
- Experience with foreign currencies and grants management preferred.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience working and living overseas, particularly in austere and/or remote environments.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- People management and delegation abilities.
- Works well with a level head and diplomacy in a sometimes adverse and pressured environment.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or related field plus five or more years related experience; or equivalent combination of accounting education and managerial experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits:
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
To receive consideration for this position, please submit application, cover letter, and current resume through the link, below: