Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, South Sudan
Juba (South Sudan) | South Sudan
Are you an experienced and creative technical writer with financial analysis and planning skills with a passion for people? Join us as the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at Samaritan’s Purse in South Sudan! The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager will report to the Director of Finance/Finance Manager and coordinate closely with the projects support team for the Samaritan's Purse South Sudan Office, maintaining accountability of all financial compliance issues related to donor-funded projects. For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Maintains detailed records for all financial/grant funded reports in an organized and professional manner.
- Ensures grant documents and required reports, agreements, asset lists, etc. are filed and kept for audit purposes
- Reviews and ensures accuracy of financial transactions for grant-funded field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash payments, etc.).
- Ensures compliance with different donors’ procurement rules and regulations
- Maintains close and cooperative working relationships with fellow projects staff and the Finance Manager.
- Provides support to Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas as required, including budget development for external grant applications.
- Compiles monthly executive summary reports and grants tracking sheets.
- Supports the Grants Manager with donor representation particularly with the UN cluster coordination, or other relevant international donors and national level stakeholder meetings.
- Prepares and submits timely month-end grant compliance reports to SP South Sudan country leadership regarding country-wide grant-funded operations.
- Follows all procedures provided by Senior Grants Manager and Director of Finance/Finance Manager.
- Facilitates external audits with the Finance manager.
- Works closely with the Program Development department and donors.
- Travels to the field on a regular basis to provide additional financial support to program managers managing externally funded programs.
- Ensures staff are trained to implement programs according to the donor agreement.
- With the Grants Manager, organizes monthly management review meetings for Program Managers/Area Coordinators to ensure strong financial management.
- With the Grants Manager, organizes grant opening and closing meetings with the Program Managers
- Ensures partnership and sub-grant related administrative processes and procedures are standardized and consistently implemented throughout the program.
- Maintains a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year College or university; or three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Experience working for INGO’s, preferably in Africa.
- 3 years’ experience in grants/contracts management.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of donor requirements (especially USAID, OFDA, CIDA, UNHCR, WFP, CHF, etc.)
- Proven understanding of financial reports and budgeting preferred.
- Good quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
To receive consideration for this position, please submit application, cover letter, and current resume through the link, below: