Management Information System (MIS) Specialist
Quezon City (Philippines)
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
- Gather and define specifications and requirements based on technical needs;
- Study the business process and gather the necessary inputs to come up with the system design.
- Prepare, finalize and compile all system documentations such as the Software Requirements Specification, Software Design Specifications, source codes, other pertinent documents
- Develop the system based on the design specifications. The documentation must be updated for any deviations from the design.
- Create test cases and performs systems test to validate the results before the User’s Acceptance Tests
- Deploy the system in coordination with the Department of Agriculture.
- Conduct User Acceptance Tests and User’s training
- Prepare training designs, manuals, and conducts user’s training
- Peer mentoring during the system development to the Department of Agriculture counterpart
- Maintain the system during the duration of the project
- Knowledge transfer to the personnel of the Department of Agriculture
- Provide technical support in coordination with the Department of Agriculture
- Carry out any other relevant duties within his/her technical competence as may be requested by FAO
- National of Philippines;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management, Information Technology and other relevant degrees;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in System Development;
- Must have finished similar projects in the last 5 years;
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English.FAO Core CompetenciesResults Focus TeamworkCommunicationBuilding Effective RelationshipsKnowledge Sharing and Continuous ImprovementTechnical/Functional Skills
- Work experience in the subject area
- Relevant and extensive knowledge in software development, web technologies, PHP, Javacript, HTML5 and CSS
- Relevant and extensive knowledge in system analysis and design, and system documentation
- Experience of working for, or in cooperation with, government institutions and private sector;
- Good analytical skills, effective teamwork, and good communication and writing skills
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.