Internship - Photography Team, Communications, Advocacy and Marketing Division, Rome, Italy
World Food Programme
Internship - Photogragraphy Unit
Communications, Advocacy and Marketing
Headquarters – Rome, Italy
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the Photography Unit of the Communications, Advocacy and Marketing Division, CAM. The position will be based at the WFP Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internship will be for a period of 3 months starting from June 2019 with possible extension of internship to maximum 8 months.
The intern will be reporting to the Head of Photography Unit and will be assisting the with the following key duties:
- Research and re-format the information to be combined with WFP humanitarian photographs;
- Draft effective captions for the photographs;
- Assist in the filing, indexing and archiving of images that are stored in the Photo Library and that will be made available in the web-based Photo Bank;
- Liaise with Regional and Country Offices to collect information and photographic material;
- Assist in the post-production phase of photographs such as file conversions from RAW to JPG and optimization of photographs for web posting;
- Draft preliminary selections of images to be included in photo packages for the international media, donor governments and WFP offices;
- Draft image selections to be used as web galleries or to promote the work of the organization;
- Draft correspondence when necessary;
- Any other duty as required.
- Currently enrolled in a recognized university or graduate school or be a recent graduate (max. 6 months after graduation) in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or related field;
- Have attended University courses in the last 12 months and have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Good English writing skills;
- Fluency in English.
Terms and Conditions:
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
Closing date: 24 April 2019
VA reference no: 104779
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.