Information Communication & Technology Manager
Juba (South Sudan) | South Sudan
Information Communication & Technology Manager
Lead information communication and technology and information management in South Sudan to provide efficient and cost effective systems. Your responsibility is overall strategic design and maintenance of the information and communication technology systems of the team, including data collection; data storage; server and user management; QLIK analysis design and maintenance; ITC asset management; documentation; support to M&E functions for project teams; training on IM functions internally and externally; and coordination for IM functions with other NGOs and with other Medair offices. The role also includes managing the ICT Budget, giving guidance and advice to Medair staff on ICT and ongoing evaluation of cost efficient communication setup including internet access (V-Sat), Bgan, HF and VHF Radios, Sat phones and wifi access.
Multi-sector relief and rehabilitation programme including: provision of primary and emergency health care, water and sanitation, and non-food items and emergency shelter to assist in reducing morbidity and mortality in vulnerable populations of South Sudan.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Juba, South Sudan. Regular visits to the field offices.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
May 2019. Full time, 12 to 24 months.
Key Activity Areas
ICT Management & Training
- Provide ICT hardware/software/user support for all (including field) locations (eg: establish and manage networks, in offices; install/repair PCs; install new software; maintain printers and other peripherals).
- Keep hardware/software systems up to date with the latest firmware and software updates.
- Provide appropriate IT training directly for all field based staff (eg: basic use of Windows; basic and intermediate use of Office applications; email/internet use; backups, software installation and simple repairs; etc), through one-on-one coaching and taught sessions.
- Management of IT Budget.
- Oversee ICT Asset management and procurement of assets (eg: Stay up-to-date to changes and new releases, contact suppliers in Nairobi in cooperation with Logs Nairobi).
- Support Global Support Office (GSO) to implement new software (finance, supply chain management, HR information systems). Responsible for technical functionality of all communication equipment (eg: HF and VHF radios, V-Sats, Bgan, satphones, mobile phones, VOIP etc).
- Keep track of developments in communication technology and make appropriate recommendations.
- Security – Ensure the security and integrity of all Medair South Sudan information systems and data.
Information Support – Technical Oversight
- Data Collection and Protection: ensure compliance with data protection legislation (GDPR).
- Server Maintenance: Oversee servers used by Medair; manage users and login information etc.
- Database Management: Enable automated database management of all data collection sources.
- Technology Development: help to pilot and implement information technologies.
- Data Analysis and Visualization: Understand indicators/calculations. Develop QLIK dashboards.
- Work closely with ME&L with respect to information systems, including ODK training, Scope Coda, smartphone setup, data analysis training, and QLIK dashboard orientation.
- Line-manage ICT officer and support ICT focal points in field offices.
- Facilitate regular meetings to assist information sharing between information support and project staff.
- Provide coaching and technical supervision for staff in order to develop ownership.
- Assess the training needs of all staff and ensure appropriate training is provided/conducted
- Carry out ICT induction for new Medair staff.
- Manage and track expenditure of the budget allocated for Information Communication and Technology Management. Prepare and develop the budgets for ICT support, ensuring they meet requirements.
- Support the implementation of logistics software: LINK Software (Supply Chain Management and Warehouse Software) for assigned activities.
- Ensure ICT technical input is provide to logistics department.
Quality Management & Data Protection
- Ensure ICT activities are implemented in line with Medair and donor requirements.
- Make effective use of mobile information technologies for monitoring quality.
- Continuously develop Data Protection Principles, and ensure they are being implemented.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Higher level qualification in a technical field, preferably in Systems & Computing.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
Everyone who works as an Internationally Recruited Staff in one of our field programmes must first successfully complete the Medair ROC. Read more for information, dates and related costs.
- 2 – 5 years post-qualification professional experience in a relevant field.
- At least 1-2 years people management experience in an IS context in a developing country.
- Experience designing QLIK solutions. Experience using and managing ODK.
- Experience in server management (e.g., ODK aggregate server, QlikView server, user management).
- Experience in training / mentoring / coaching staff. Problem solving ability.
- Ability to manage project implementation. Good numerical, report writing and administration skills.
- Able to take the initiative in project decisions. Able to enforce procedures. Able to set clear objectives.
- Committed to consultative and servant-minded leadership Team-player with good inter-personal skills.