Community Based Protection (CBP) Officer based in Sanliurfa
Sanliurfa (Turkey) | Turkey
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The position will be based in Sanliurfa. Under the supervision of the Protection and Inclusion Coordinator the Community Based Protection Officer will be responsible to implement CBP activities as per Protection Best Practices and Guidance document developed by GOAL.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Provide awareness raising activities and support the development of relevant curricula and messaging in coordination with Protection Manager and Protection and Inclusion Coordinator.
- Represent the GOAL protection team when requested by the Protection Manager and Protection and Inclusion Coordinator.
- Implement awareness raising/community mobilisation/behaviour change activities and support the development of relevant curricula and messaging in coordination with other Protection Manager and Protection and Inclusion Coordinator.
- Undertake outreach activities and informative sessions on GOAL/partner services to target groups and record feedback (comments, suggestions)
- Encourage and facilitate participation of beneficiaries in the planning, execution, and evaluation of activities
- Advise and assist beneficiaries about GOAL services and schedules upon completion of relevant forms/needs assessment
- Evaluate CBP activities and propose new activities
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the quality of activities and protection policies being implemented
- Propose new activities according to identified needs in the community
- Ensure impartiality, and confidentiality of beneficiaries, at all times,
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
- Turkish Citizenship
- University degree in related field (e.g. social work, social sciences).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in Arabic and English or Turkish.
- Experience of community-based programs, social work and/or field case management experience,
- 2 years’ work experience in NGO (in paid or voluntary capacity) preferably experience in Southeast of Turkey and/or with semi-nomadic groups is an asset.
- Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, representation skills.
- Level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 23 April 2019.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "**apply now**" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.