WFP Summer Internship - Internal Communications
Make your summer different this year and join the World Food Programme for an 8-week internship program!
WHY JOIN WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤
Make a difference, the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡
Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Watch this video to know more about WFP 2018 summer Internship program!!
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WHAT WE OFFER
The WFP Summer Internship Program is an 8-week full-time program for highly qualified Egyptian students and fresh graduates to explore the opportunity of working with the United Nations in Egypt:
You will learn about WFP and its culture through a real-life work experience, a field visit to one of the WFP sites in Egypt and exposure to various job roles. We will provide you relevant soft skills and on-the-job training and feedback to kick-start your professional career. Through this experience you will develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you someday.
Clear responsibilities as of day 1:
You will have clear job responsibilities and live the experience of being a WFP employee.
Continuous mentoring and coaching:
You will work with professional teams and receive formal training and ongoing coaching.
You will get the chance to enrich your skills and work with people from 30+ nationalities.
Minimum Requirements for applying to summer Internships
- University students with graduation year in 2019 or 2020.
- Recent graduate (max. 6 months after graduation)
- Full-time availability in the period July and August.
- Strong academic track record (good, very good or excellent ratings)
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Extracurricular activities are a must.
- Previous internship experience is a plus
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Demonstrated ability to write and edit stories in English to a standard high enough for immediate publication without an editor.
• Excellent knowledge of English, fluency in Arabic is an asset.
• Familiarity with publishing content on websites and using content management systems such as (Drupal).
• Experience using Photoshop or other photo editing software.
• Creative open-minded team player with strong initiative and willingness to learn.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Communications Unit with the following key duties:
• Update and maintain the Cairo Regional Bureau’s internal website (Intranet). The intern will be mainly working on internal communications which requires liaising with different units and country offices in the MENA region to ensure that their respective pages on the intranet are frequently updated to ensure that staff members in both the Regional Bureau and country offices in the region can easily find the information they need.
• Support in drafting a content strategy/plan for internal communications.
• Support the Regional Communications officer with editing short stories written by colleagues for the Intranet website.
• Assist in updating and maintaining WFP’s regional media list.
• Produce web metrics reports of the Intranet website to understand trends and give recommendations on what works and what doesn’t work.
• Assist in the development, production, and completion of internal marketing programs.
• Create content and/or write original stories and communications for internal communications channels.
• Contribute to and support multiple communication initiatives.
• Assist in launching surveys to get feedback from employees on the internal website.
• Upload and publish content on WFP Arabic website.
WFP Regional Bureau Cairo: based in New Maadi, Cairo
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline to submit Application is 27 April 2019
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.