Development and Program Associate
Boston (United States of America)
The Victim Rights Law Center (VRLC) is a nonprofit law center that provides free legal representation to victims of sexual assault throughout Massachusetts and in Oregon, and national training and support for lawyers and advocates on the civil legal needs of rape and sexual assault victims. The VRLC’s mission is to provide legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault to help rebuild their lives; and to promote a national movement committed to seeking justice for every rape and sexual assault victim. Nationally, our legal training and technical assistance attorneys create resources and provide training, mentoring, and individual and programmatic consultations to support the work of other victim service providers so they can best serve survivors of gender-based violence.
All applicants must align themselves with the VRLC’s mission statement and philosophy regarding our commitment to transforming the response to sexual violence through survivor-led legal practice that centers the needs and experiences of survivors experiencing oppression. The VRLC deeply values including a diversity of voices and perspectives on our team. People of color, LGBTQI+ individuals, survivors, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are seeking a smart, energetic, self-directed individual with excellent organizational and writing skills to fill this full-time administrative position in our Boston, MA office. The two primary focuses of the position are to (1) support our Development team with fundraising, event planning, and general communications; and (2) to support the operations of one of the VRLC’s training and education teams, the Sexual Assault Justice Education Project.
Specific responsibilities include:
Development & Communications:
- Manage donor database (eTapestry/Blackbaud)
- Manage newsletter and general mailings communications (Constant Contact)
- Manage organization’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Assist with planning and fundraising for events, specifically requesting and managing all in-kind donation requests for the VRLC’s major fundraiser in the fall
- Assist the Development team with any other duties as assigned
National Training & Education Team Support (Sexual Assault Justice Education Project):
- Facilitate and monitor communications between VRLC staff and project stakeholders
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of webinar and in-person trainings, including scheduling and communications with attendees, drafting training descriptions, securing platform reservations, and monitoring registration
- Track grant deliverables and create grant reports
- Edit resources and new products
- General administrative duties as assigned
- BA or BS and at least one-year of development/communications office work experience or 2+ years of relevant office work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Power Point, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (Microsoft Excel is a key part of this position)
- Ability to problem-solve, take initiative, exercise sound judgment, and work both independently and as a team player under multiple supervisors- flexibility is key!
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, while prioritizing projects and managing tight deadlines
- Ability to complete assignments and responsibilities accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with co-workers, supervisors, conference presenters, attorneys, law students and other peers
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse, collaborative team environment
- Commitment to promoting inclusion, equity, and cultural responsiveness, and to protecting the rights of marginalized and underserved populations
- Working with vulnerable populations; experience working with survivors of sexual assault is especially valued
- Salesforce administration
- Creating visually appealing communication materials
The VRLC provides excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance; long & short-term disability insurance; paid holidays, personal, vacation, and sick leave; 403b plan with employer match; free monthly transit pass; and a caring and innovative work environment!