Program Director -WFD
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
The Cross Bronx Preservation Program seeks A Program Director to oversee program delivery and supervision of program staff. THE Program Director will be stationed at Baychester Houses half the week and Murphy Houses half of the week. Reporting to the Assistant Program Director, the Program Director is a key member of the Cross Bronx Preservation Program team who will lead in the implementation of all aspects and components of the program and contractual matters, including, but not limited to: management & supervision; evaluation and improvement, data administration and reporting including data management, budgeting and planning and presentation and expansion.
REQUIRED: BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN ONE OF THE HUMAN SERVICES DISCIPLINES OR RELATED FIELD AND THREE YEARS EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED: MASTER’S DEGREE IN ONE OF THE HUMAN SERVICES DISCIPLINES AND FOUR YEARS EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT: 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH BACHELOR’S DEGREE
BAYCHESTER HOUSES located at 1220 East 229th Street MURPHY HOUSES located at 1805 Crotona Avenue
• Oversee and manage all efforts involving program services in all key areas, while serving targeted Baychester and Murphy developments with quality programming.
• Supervise and monitor goals of Case Managers and Program Specialist
• Collaborate and coordinate with Department Director to ensure services adhere to program standards and are well integrated throughout all aspects of programming.
• Prepare and meet all reporting requirements to include statistical reports and all contractual requirements and assigned projects.
• Assist with quality assurance protocols of program and agency.
• Build new and strengthen existing relationships with stakeholders including NYCHA Administration & management, Resident Association, sub-contractors and community leaders.
• Assist in facilitation of program related meetings.
• Aid in development and implementation of professional development and in-services training's.
• Assist in facilitation of workshops for a diverse client group.
• Liaise with funder and represent agency at funder and community meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Director, Assistant Executive Director etc.
Supervisory Reports: Monthly Program Director’s Report
Interacts with: Department Director, Case Managers and Program Specialist
• Masters Degree in Social Work or another related field of study.
• A minimum of two years of experience in a related field.
• Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
• Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time.
• Ability to climb five flights of stairs, if required to conduct home visits and/or fieldwork.
• Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents.
• Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation.
• Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather, if required to conduct home visits and/or field work.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
•Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave
•12 paid holidays.
•Comprehensive medical, and life insurance coverage care for employees and their families, at little or no cost to employees.
•A pension plan that is 100% employer paid
•Two tax deferred annuity plans and employee assistance in maximizing the pension plan and tax deferred annuity plans to prepare for retirement.
•TransitChek – Employees may use TransitChek to have money taken out of their pretax salaries to pay for their public transportation commute.
•Free and confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service, to assist employees and their families with a wide range of personal problems.
ADDITIONALLY, BronxWorks Offers:
•A comprehensive monthly training calendar
•Access to some scholarship opportunities
•Non-financial support and internship opportunities for employees who return to school, particularly for their Master of Social Work degrees
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required. Authorization to work in the United States for any employer is mandatory.
Apply for PROGRAM DIRECTOR - WFD using the link below: