Immunization Program Specialist
Washington (United States of America)
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking an Immunization Program Specialist to provide administrative support to ACOG's Immunization, Infectious Diseases, & Public Health Preparedness Program staff, including the Senior Director of Practice, Director, Manager, Immunization, Infectious Disease, and Public Health Preparedness Expert Work Group, and Zika Expert Work Group members. This position also maintains acog.org immunization department webpage(s) and resources.
- Provide administrative support, including: transcribe, proofread, finalize and distribute correspondence and meeting minutes; maintain subject files for multiple projects; maintain record of program budget expenditures and process bills and travel requests; copy correspondence and documents; coordinate mailings; order supplies.
- Manage and maintain acog.org immunization department webpage(s) and resources, keeping the web content current and consistent with guidelines from ACOG and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Ensure web links are accurate and updated in a timely and relevant manner. Coordinate with ACOG Communications staff to solve issues and expand the pages as needed. Develop new text content, graphics, and website sections as needed in consultation with Director and Senior Director and Communications and Clinical Products staff. Coordinate updates on the acog.org immunization page(s) with Communications. Conduct and coordinate review of relevant webpages as assigned from Communications.
- Provide administrative support for the development of webinars in collaboration with the Director, Senior Director, Senior Program Manager, Zika Expert Work Group and Immunization, Infectious Disease, and Public Health Preparedness Expert Work Group members. Collaboration with outside experts and professional societies may be required. Assist with the Continuing Medical Education (CME) application process and maintain required records and materials. Assist with the submission of CME-required documents to ACOG Continuing Professional Development department. Coordinate development and review of final slide set with staff, work group members, and webinar faculty. Coordinate with ACOG webinar vendor and serve as liaison between vendor, staff, and webinar faculty. Assist with the submission of all required documents for the production of each webinar including final slide set, registration language, and pre-test and post-test questions to webinar vendor. Maintain webinar budget and track expenses and invoices. Development of webinars is contingent on grant funding.
- Assist in reviewing and collecting materials for grant application submissions. Participate in the development and execution of grant and non-grant related projects. Participate on grant check in calls with funders and provide updates when needed. Schedule conference calls as necessary and develop minutes for calls and meetings. Help prepare materials for grant proposals and collaborate with the Immunization Director and Senior Director on new and current immunization projects.
- Assist in the development of promotion and dissemination plans for immunization activities and resources, in collaboration with the Director and ACOG's Marketing, Communications and Clinical Products staff. Assist in the development of social media, email blasts, MRI materials, and other electronic media resources on immunization in consultation with Immunization Director and Senior Director. Provide promotional language to ACOG Marketing and Communications staff. Review and edit all content as necessary. Share promotional materials and activities with outside organizations as applicable. Submit marketing and communications tickets for social media, and other marketing and communications requests.
- Coordinate logistics and provide all required documents and information to ACOG Meetings Manager for all immunization meeting planning. Oversee hotel contract, meeting notice, and meeting roster execution. Create and distribute electronic agenda materials in consultation with the Director and Senior Director. Provide support (copying, revision of documents, meeting minutes, audiovisual, etc.) before and during meetings. Process travel expenses for work group members.
- Assist with coordinating document development and review process, including tracking manuscript development and notifying authors of upcoming deadlines. Prepare and distribute monthly progress reports of documents; update Practice document database; obtain cited references from Resource Center and coordinate reference citation verification for documents; maintain document files. Prepare manuscripts for publication including revising references after verification, reference numbering, manuscript formatting, preparing submission form and memo; and distributing final manuscripts.
- Assist with development, review, and publication of toolkit and other immunization materials in consultation with Director, Senior Director and Clinical Products staff. Prepare materials for distribution.
- Prepare and distribute work group documents for review; coordinate work group e-mail manuscript review; maintain lists of current members of each review body; gather and compile review responses. Coordinate this with Director, Senior Director, and Clinical Products staff.
- Mail materials upon request. Help Director prepare and submit project requests to Marketing and Publications for immunization mailings. Reply to inquiries to email@example.com in consultation with Director.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-3 years office experience with project management-related activities; experience with healthcare issues and medical terminology preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of computers, including Windows, MS Office applications, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with website maintenance and updating and developing webinars strongly preferred.
- Excellent spelling and proofreading skills
- Ability to work with others, to meet deadlines and to handle a diverse work load.
- Demonstrated ability to set own priorities, to follow through on assignments without supervision, to show good judgment and attention to detail. Flexibility to work on several projects at once.
- Good telephone manner and ability to relate well to a variety of people.
Home to more than 58,000 women's health care professionals, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization leading advancements in women's health. When you become part of the ACOG team, you're part of an organization that values communicating evidence-based, peer-reviewed information about women's health to members and the general public. ACOG supports its members by maintaining authoritative clinical guidance, providing continuing medical education resources, patient education materials and more. Together with our members, we are working to transform the future of women's health by delivering a compelling member experience, supporting the ob-gyn profession, and advocating for improved women's health.
Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Flexible work schedule – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Life Insurance – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings – and more!
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.