Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of RR and DRR missions and meeting schedules;
- Arranging appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter and taking minutes when required;
- Maintenance of protocol procedures and gatekeeping as regards the respective roles in representation of the UNDP Resident Representative and Designated Official for Security;
- Conducts some analytical/research work, including compilation of data and background research;
- Follow up with colleagues and partners on deadlines, commitments made and actions taken;
- Maintenance of telephone contact lists of partners;
- Screening of all incoming calls and correspondence;
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the Front Office.
- Coordination of the information flow in the Front Office; follow up on circulation files;
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, and comments on behalf of RR and DRR, for signature or other follow-up;
- Collection and consolidation of the reports for the RR and DRR;
- Preparation of high quality briefing materials for appointments, meetings, missions;
- Preparation of informal translations;
- Maintenance of the filing system, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system;
- Facilitation of communication between the RR/DRR and HQ;
- Presentation of proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks and streamline procedures in the office.
- Promoting Best practices in office management and coordination;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Organization of trainings to UNDP staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Building Strategic Partnerships, maintaining information and databases:
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing, basic research and analysis:
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise, fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures:
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development, presentation of information on best practices in organizational change:
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system;
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems, data gathering and implementation of management systems:
- Uses information/databases/other management systems;
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components.
- Client Orientation, maintains effective client relationships:
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management, gathering and disseminating information:
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems;
- Prepares timely inputs to reports;
- Maintains databases.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education;
- Bachelor’s Degree would be desirable.
- Minimum 7 (seven) years of relevant working experience for Secondary school, or three (3) years of working experience for Bachelor’s degree;
- progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, and office- or project management experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web based management systems is required.
- Fluency (both, written and verbal) in English and Georgian languages.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.