IT Operations Assistant Ankara and Gaziantep
This job is located in Ankara Country Office and Gaziantep Area Office in Turkey. Job holder reports to the IT Operations Officer in Ankara.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Two years of working experience in IT client support unit (helpdesk), IT service operations, or software and hardware maintenance. Experience in resolving complex technical issues, defining requirements for functional areas and the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate client service problems is required.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Turkish.
Nationality and Residency: The applicant should be either a Turkish national or have a valid Turkish residence at the time of application.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
2. Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
3. Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
4. Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
5. Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
6. With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
7. Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
8. Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
9. Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
10. Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
11. Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
12. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Duration: 1 year renewable.
Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. Local gross salary is offered on an annual basis starting from TRY 72,360.00/year.
Annual Leave Entitlement : 1.5 days per month.
Medical Insurance: Private Medical Insurance plan for staff members and dependents (spouse, child or children)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
No later than 26 April 2019