National Professional Officer (New Vaccine)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMEThe position is placed in the Category 1\: to strengthen vaccine preventable disease control including increasing and maintaining immunization coverage for all EPI vaccines, surveillance of vaccine preventable diseases; to eradicate transmission of wild poliomyelitis; measles elimination rubella /CRS control , introduce new and underutilized vaccine, to transfer technology for the laboratory diagnosis of Vaccine Preventable Diseases and strengthen national regulatory authorities/ BPOM capacity
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESThe incumbent is responsible to carry out the following activities related to immunization a to assist national immunization programme and Ministry of Health Indonesia\:
1. Implement, monitor and evaluate the introduction of new vaccines that have been planned or under consideration by government of Indonesia i.e. Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine ( PCV-13), Inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) Human Papilloma vaccine (HPV) Japanese encephalitis vaccine( JE)Rota virus, Dengue in line with C MVP 2019-2024
2. Facilitate economic and Disease burden studies for new vaccines in coordination with ITAGI and research institutes/ medical universities
3. Facilitate immunization safety and monitoring, of adverse events following introduction of new vaccines
4. TA to develop training materials/ guidelines for Health workers on new vaccines
5. Provide TA to evaluate and strengthen EVM and cold chain capacity for NVI
6. Develop, monitor, implement and evaluate WHO country office for Indonesia work plan in the area of new vaccine introduction
7. Liaise and maintain good working relations with concerned technical units/departments of Ministry of Health and other stakeholders related to immunization; such as ITAGI, BPOM, NIHRD, UNICEF, CHAI, GAVI USAID
8. Work closely with other categories in WCO Indonesia towards integrated services , MCH, UHC, and systems strengthening; and
9. Any other duties assigned by the supervisor or WHO Representative
EducationEssential\: A university degree in medicine
Desirable\: Post graduate degree in Pediatrics and / or public health, epidemiology or a relevant area
ExperienceEssential\: At least two years of professional experience in EPI and vaccine preventable disease control
Desirable\: Experience of work in United Nations and/or other international organization.
Skillsâ¢ Demonstrated knowledge of communicable disease control, epidemiology, and laboratory diagnosis specifically for EPI diseases.â¢ Knowledge of clinical and laboratory surveillance.â¢ Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated willingness and ability to work effectively with national and international colleagues.
Other skills (eg. IT)\: Proficiency in computer skills and Microsoft office applications.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language SkillsEssential\: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Bahasa.
REMUNERATIONRemuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at IDR 516,743,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.