Grants and Operations Manager
Washington (United States of America) | america
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Pact is recruiting for a Grants and Operations Manager for the global project Reaching Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women, Children, and Youth (RCAY), whose goal is toreach and sustain HIV/AIDS epidemic control for pregnant women, children and adolescents by supporting them through targeted clinical, prevention and mitigation interventions. The program will also provide an avenue for countries to transition their prime awards to indigenous partners.
The Operations Manager will provide day-to-day grants and contracts management and administrative support for the project at global and buy-in levels, in close coordination with relevant Pact HQ and country-based buy-in teams. S/he will serve as the project’s principle point of contact and expertise on grant and contracts management and compliance.
- Lead the development of global-level sub-awards, including with RCAY consortium partners, resource partners, and partners in non-presence buy-in countries.
- Lead the development of consulting and vendor agreements at global level, ensuring compliance with Pact and donor requirements.
- Undertake vetting of sub-awardees and consultants in line with Pact adopted procedures
- Review and process sub-awardee and consultant invoicing and payments.
- Maintain sub-awards and consulting tracking and filing systems (Salesforce and Windows Navigator 2017).
- Lead development, updating, and monitoring of compliance with global RCAY contracting and operations systems, policies, procedures, and guidance.
- Oversee logistical coordination for global team participation in buy-in planning, start-ups, and implementation with a particular focus on non-presence buy-in countries.
- Support procurement and inventory tracking for the project at global and non-presence buy-in countries, in coordination with relevant departments at Pact HQ.
- Liaise with Pact HQ HR on all HR matters such as job requisitions, development of job descriptions, recruitment processes, etc.
- Provide support, mentoring, or training to RCAY staff as needed in areas related to operations, grants, and procurements compliance.
- Support buy-in work-plan development as requested.
- Facilitate project-level knowledge management systems and processes and ensure compliance with DEC requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the project’s approved Branding and Marking plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as in international development, international relations, regional studies, or public health.
- At least 8 years of program management experience in international development or a related field (or six years with a Master’s degree).
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and effectively coordinating diverse teams.
- Experience with USG project management.
- Experience in administering U.S. government cooperative agreements including sub-granting and compliance.
- Critical thinker with a can-do approach to problem solving, disaggregating large/complex problems to identify underlying drivers and critical nuances
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ethical management practices.
- Professional-level English language skills (written and oral).
- Ability to travel internationally about 20-30% of the time.
Pact provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please apply here at https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1210/grants-and-operations-manager/job