FUND DEVELOPMENT AND GRANT WRITING VOLUNTEER OR COORDINATOR IN BRAZIL
ETIV do Brasil is located in the beautiful fishing and surfing town of Itacare, Bahia. Our mission is to support development and environmental conservation in Brazil, with a deep focus on youth development.
We are seeking a Fund Development and Grant Writing Volunteer or Coordinator to help us diversify our funding sources through a variety of methods. The Volunteer’s roles include: planning and organizing local and online fundraising events, researching and applying for grants, and helping us to find private and business donors. Support and supervision will be provided by the Director and the Operations Manager. Volunteers will be encouraged to utilize their fund development experience in order to develop new and creative ways of fundraising for ETIV.
Volunteers or Interns can also fulfill this position virtually from home, completely free of charge. Besides the tasks listed above, virtual volunteers are also expected to help promote the NGO at home and in local schools, universities and communities. This is an absolutely important position in our organization so volunteers interested in taking this role must be extremely responsible and results-driven.
- To plan and organize local and/or online fundraising events;
- Research and apply for grants;
- Help us build new partnerships and strategies that may allow us to win more funding;
- To help us find private and business donors;
- Help us find new ways to diversity our funding sources;
- Support us with recruitment of more volunteers;
- Continue improving upon and updating our fundraising database and grants lists up to date;
- To develop a better manual for future volunteers to continue the work, and to update our website description, especially just prior to leaving the position.
- Volunteers/interns must be at least 18 years or older;
- In-country volunteers must work at least 4 hours day/20 hours a week, while virtual volunteers must contribute with at least 5 hours per week;
- Ideally, we want volunteers who can spend at least 3 months with us since this is a crucial positions that demands careful attention and planning over extended periods of time;
- Knowledge and experience with fundraising, grant writing and event organizing is mandatory;
- Intermediate to Advanced Portuguese highly desirable;
- Excellent organization, writing and communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite;
- All volunteers must agree to and sign our Volunteer Contract before arriving, as well as sign their rental agreement if staying at our Volunteer House.
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk).
Short-Term (few weeks/months).
How To Apply
Please visit etivdobrasil.org and click 'Apply Now!'.