TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETATION VOLUNTEER IN BRAZIL
ETIV do Brasil is located in the beautiful fishing and surfing town of Itacare, Bahia. Our mission is to support development and environmental conservation in Brazil, with a deep focus on youth development.
ETIV do Brasil has translating and interpreting positions available for both volunteers/interns visiting Itacaré in-person, and also for those wishing to volunteer virtually. These positions involve both English-Portuguese and Portuguese-English translation. Please note, however, that we do require advanced to native levels in both Portuguese and English.
In-person volunteers/interns will have the opportunity to work closely with all our departments, and they are also expected to offer additional support to any tasks that need extra help. They will work under the supervision of our Director and/or Operations Manager, creating documents for both the local community and our international contacts and partners.
As with any other ETIV volunteer, the in-person volunteers working with translation and interpreting are required to work 20 hours/week. Volunteers interested in a virtual position, however, are only required to work 5 hours a week, and they do NOT have to pay the volunteer contribution.
- Translate and/or interpret from English to Portuguese, and vice versa;
- Support our departments and projects with additional tasks when necessary, when doing an in-person volunteering.
- Volunteers/interns must be at least 18 years or older;
- In-person volunteers must work at least 20 hours per week, while those volunteering remotely must contribute with at least 5 hours per week;
- Advanced to Native Portuguese and English skills;
- Minimum of 1 month commitment;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite;
- All volunteers must agree to and sign our Volunteer Contract before arriving, as well as sign their rental agreement if staying at our Volunteer House.
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk).
Short-Term (few weeks/months).
How To Apply
Please visit etivdobrasil.org and click 'Apply Now!'.