Finance Assistant (Supplier/Vendor Approver) , Multiple positions
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information - BSSC
Background Information - Job-specific
A: Supplier/Vendor review and approval:
- Ensure there is no double entry of the supplier/vendor information in the ERP system.
- Ensure that banking details are correctly entered as per Supplier registration form submitted.
- Verifies the sequences and codes of international and local banks.
- Ensure that profiles are approved according to UNOPS Treasury’s procedures and advices for supplier/vendor banking detail setup.
- Ensure that all necessary supporting documentation have been uploaded in accordance with supplier management guidelines.
- Provides guidance and support to personnel/users on the processes, procedures and regulations on supplier management in relation to having the supplier approved.
B: Supplier Data Maintenance
- Participate in monthly clean-up exercise to reduce duplicate and obsolete Supplier IDs in ERP system (oneUNOPS).
- Overseeing third party entries are limited and according to FRR.
- Participate in structuring a common filing system for the supplier ID forms for the improvement of retrieving information on all supplier information.
- Suggests improvement to the oneUNOPS supplier module where appropriate.
C: Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Ensure that supplier approval requests are replied to within 24 hours
- Non-complex supplier approval requests are completed/approved within 48 hours
- Complex supplier requests that cannot be approved within 48 hours are referred to the Team Leader within this period
- Attend regular weekly/monthly meetings of the unit
- Complete all regular required training
- Obtain positive feedback from buyers/supplier requesters and/or UNOPS units
- Complete annual performance review
D: Final Product
- Supplier are approved in a timely manner in UNOPS ERP system
- All necessary supporting documentation in the review/approval process of the incumbent are retrievable in the system for document retention.
- No back-log by end of contract period
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and under pressure
- Strong client focus
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Previous working experience with Agresso system would be an asset.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform standard administrative activities related to UNOPS project operations
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP/UNOPS procurement procedures
- Strong IT skills; knowledge of Agresso
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Ability to adhere to work assignments and meet designated deadlines.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
Education : Secondary Education is required. Bachelor degree or equivalent in accounting, financial management or related fields would be an asset.
Experience : A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in accounting, financial management or related fields relevant to the above details.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: LICA 3
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.